Author Topic: Blacks from Kingarth  (Read 6304 times)

Offline Robert_Marr

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Blacks from Kingarth
« on: Tuesday 03 May 05 12:48 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for anyone who has any of the Black family from Kingarth, Buteshire in their tree. In particular I may have a link with Isabella Black. She was born in 1866 to Joseph Stuart Black, a keeper of beavers, and Jane Whylie. Isabella also had a brother Bryce who was born around 1883 and definitely lodged with my family in Govan, Lanark in 1891.
Looking for Hugh Marr and Mary Drummond.

Offline aeroqueen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Blacks from Kingarth
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 August 05 15:45 BST (UK) »
Hello
have you got this death cert
for a Jane Wylie Black in 1946 in Kingsgarth
Jane Wylie Black aged 58 daughter of Robert Wylie black and Christina.
reading your message the names rang a bell i have it because it appears on one i had printed investigating another of the entries
regards aeroqueen

Offline Robert_Marr

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 August 05 00:51 BST (UK) »
Hi aeroqueen ,

Sorry for the delayed reply but I forgot all about this post. I don't have a death certificate for Jane Wylie Black but given the names and location they must certainly have been related. The Jane Black in my post had the maiden name Wylie and subsequently used this middle name for descendants.

Isabella Black that I mentioned in the above post did have a brother named Robert Wylie Black in Kingarth so that must be the very same person. He would have been born around 1863. I've also found descendants of a brother William Wylie Black and a sister Catherine Bannatyne Black.

Robert
Looking for Hugh Marr and Mary Drummond.

Offline b1b2j3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 January 06 08:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi aeroqueen ,

Sorry for the delayed reply but I forgot all about this post. I don't have a death certificate for Jane Wylie Black but given the names and location they must certainly have been related. The Jane Black in my post had the maiden name Wylie and subsequently used this middle name for descendants.

Isabella Black that I mentioned in the above post did have a brother named Robert Wylie Black in Kingarth so that must be the very same person. He would have been born around 1863. I've also found descendants of a brother William Wylie Black and a sister Catherine Bannatyne Black.

Robert

Is this Bannatyne Black an associated Family member of Eadie> Burden> Bannatyne. Stirling Perth and Glasgow? Bron
Burden, Bannatyne, Eadie, Dalgeish, Thomson, Rae, Muir, McCartney, McArthur