Author Topic: D W P Foster  (Read 7107 times)

Offline shilo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: D W P Foster
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 11 August 11 13:55 BST (UK) »
your welcome :)
if you need any more help just ask

Jackie
Mauger, Le Pelley, Tapp, Molloy, Stephenson, Fogden,
Lawson, McInnes

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 14 August 11 03:19 BST (UK) »
Marriage to first wife, Emma Lawrence, in Nova Scotia Canada... also 1881 U.K. census & 1891 Canada census for same
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,548971.0.html
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline ajmum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 14 August 11 09:27 BST (UK) »
Is there amy more info on Emma Lawrence parents/siblings  and D W P Foster occupation?

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 14 August 11 20:36 BST (UK) »
wow, it's like you're paying us or something, isn't it?*   :D :D  Did you look at the images I gave you with direct links? J.J.  (* p.s. I might look more for a simple thank you?)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline ajmum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 14 August 11 21:35 BST (UK) »
Hey Im really sorry - Im new to this and just getting the hang of it all.
Cant thank you enough for all the info - I didnt realise I had all this family in Canada - Im just getting my head round it all!!!!

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 15 August 11 01:48 BST (UK) »
O.K. Fabulous that you are happy with the new information...You are in the U.K.? a descendant from the first or second marriage? (If you don't mind sharing, of course, and it will help to see where you are vacant of information)  where did you find out the Canadian connection, then?  ;D 

I'll let you ask Jackie questions on here re: census in U.K. and continue on the Canada board for Canadian information... if that's o.k. with Jackie...She's done all this searching for you already.

and yes, we ALL like to be thanked...  ;D J.J.

Offline ajmum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 15 August 11 09:37 BST (UK) »
Im in Yorkshire, England - Im a descendant of DWP Fosters first marriage - DWP is my great grandfather - my grandfather was George Henry Foster -   the family knew there were some relatives in Canada by the name of Lawrence - my mother remembers meeting some of them in the 60s - but until now, we didnt know much more.  We also know that DWP was a soldier - and in his later life was an artist.
|The info you have given us is amazing -  a lot of questions answered - but there are so many more to ask now!
Like I wonder if the Lawrences know of our existance etc???  :D

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 15 August 11 14:31 BST (UK) »
I will look for more Canada & answer on the Canada board...I did look for some deaths...etc. but not all are on there...so may find more using other methods....but will be answering on the Canada board . If you want to ask Jackie for more information regarding incoming passengers & censuses in U.K. as I don't see Daniel & Emma or son in 1901 Canada... Was your man born in U.K.? Was he born Canada?  If born in U.K. and before the 1901 this is important for us to know!...I see a death for an Emma Catherine in 1908 Dewsbury age 38 was that she? Do you know of all the siblings ? Don't be vague with what you do know, because if people look up information that you already have it is a waste of resources.

also we are not allowed to do post 1911 information on here, but you can search basic information here:
http://www.1911census.co.uk/search
J.J.

added: also, note that Daniel was a clerk at the time of his second marriage...so like most starving artists, probably never made enough to make a living at it ...also if your mother met and knew of the Lawrences, then I am sure some of them will have heard of the Fosters as well...

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 15 August 11 16:15 BST (UK) »
adding to this posting as well:
Just found another posting for this family...so you have a new rellie to talk to about what he knows...I searched for the lad born Dewsbury around the same time as Emma dies...Daniel Deveril Foster...easy to spot as has the similar name to Daniel's father (Daniel Deverell Foster)...so there seems to be a little more information regarding some of the Nova Scotia siblings...Some head west later in life! Including Emma's mother who dies in Manitoba.
It appears that the soldier ancestor has moved on to other military postings (South Africa) which is why he can't be found in 1901, but ends up back in England, where Emma dies in childbirth...

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=83f8c9f505cqh2dc0ci3q19587&topic=503210.0

You also now have
Abraham Lawrence b. 1833 in Greenwich, England
m. Emma Louisa Would (b. abt. 1835 in Greenwich) 1857 in Lewisham