Author Topic: Albert Aaron Lowe-married October 1906 in Bromborough,CheshireCompleted!!!  (Read 5119 times)

Offline Neptune

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Albert Aaron Lowe-married October 1906 in Bromborough,Cheshire
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 18 August 11 21:23 BST (UK) »
Hi again

I called in at the library tonight and they did have the records - I've taken a print from the original church records. If you would like to see it just send me your e-mail address via a personal message and I can forward it to you.

Here are the details which may help -

St Barnabas Church Bromborough  December 26th 1906

Albert Aaron Lowe  22   Bachelor  Occupation Barman  Residence-Bromborough  Father Aaron Lowe  Occupation Locksmith

Winifred Jackson  20  Spinster  No Occupation  Residence Bromborough  Father  Edwin Jackson  Occupation Cab Proprieter

Witnesses  Ernest Lowe and Mabel?Jackson

I also looked at the baptism records -

St Barnabas Bromborough

20th December 1908  Christabel Lowe    Father and Mother Albert Aaron and Winifred      Bromborough       Occupation Hotel Manager
I had a quick look but couldn't see any other baptisms.

Hope this helps

Good Luck

Neptune

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Neptune

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 18 August 11 23:01 BST (UK) »
Hi again

You're right - they're difficult to find!

However on the familysearch site there's a marriage in 1918 St Paul's Hooton (not far from Bromborough Wirral)
This marriage is also on Cheshire BMD -

11th July 1918 Winifred Lowe to Gilbert Lance Dallow
Fathers names William Andrew Dallow and Edwin Jackson

So it looks as if Winifred was either divorced or widowed between 1908(when Christabel was born) and 1918.
Although Winifred does say she was still married in 1911.

Of course it could be possible that Aaron and Albert Aaron might not have been born in this country.

Christabel marries Frank Barker in 1931 in Wirral (Free BMD)

The only death I could see for a Winifred Dallow on Free BMD is in 1951 in  Leicester (aged 68)

https://www.familysearch.org/

Regards

Neptune

Offline mshrmh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 19 August 11 11:15 BST (UK) »
Neptune, that's interesting as the father on the 1891 Staffs family I found was a locksmith (seems a common occupation in Willenhall), so this is looking likely, but I can't identify the witness Ernest as a brother on the census.

Offline mr pinkwhistle

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 19 August 11 12:07 BST (UK) »
Oh you are fantastic!Thank you so much!!My email address is (*).Hopefully I may find him now!My family have been horrendous to follow on both lines and even when I have purchased certificates they have not always helped.Thank you again.

(*) Moderator Comment: Personal details removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

The Rootschat personal message system will be automatically activated when a member has made two or three posts on the boards. See Help-Page: http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Neptune

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 19 August 11 14:53 BST (UK) »
Hi
You're welcome. I can't scan the marriage info at the moment but will be able to do it tonight if that's ok.

mshrmh - I don't really know why I'm posting this but thought I would just in case it might be relevant somewhere!

On the 1891 census in Birkenhead (near Bromborough) there's a Thomas Lowe with his wife and children - two of his sons are Albert(H or A?) and Ernest. Not too uncommon - however his occupation is a Locksmith and he was also born in Willenhall Staffordshire . His son Albert was born in Willenhall.
The Aaron you found was from Willenhall so there could possibly be a link.

It might not be related at all but worth remembering.

Regards

Neptune

Offline mshrmh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 19 August 11 15:13 BST (UK) »
That's OK Neptune - it all adds to the picture. Could be a reason why Aaron went to the Wirral if he'd already got family there.

(Aside - I'm currently looking at the Lancashire PR images that are on the new FamilySearch & am often finding the witnesses are siblings of bride/groom around this date or at least they've the same names as siblings....)

Offline Neptune

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 19 August 11 16:15 BST (UK) »
Hi

I do think it's possible that these families could be linked -

In 1901 the same Thomas Lowe(transcribed as Dowe) is now living in West Kirby with his children Albert H, Wilfred, Ernest and May. He is a publican/licensee and living at The 'Ring O Bells' .

In 1911 Winifred was a barmaid working at the 'Ring O Bells' pulic house in West Kirby.

It's a few miles from Bromborough but is still in Wirral - the pub is still there.

Also in 1881 May Lowe born 1875 in Birkenhead (daughter of Thomas is a niece in the household of William Lowe in Willenhall)

Regards

Neptune

Offline mr pinkwhistle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 19 August 11 17:03 BST (UK) »
Thank you for all the information,i will go armed with all that information ,I knew that Winifred was working aa a barmaid but what happened to Albert A lowe is another matter.She remarried in 1918 to Gilbert Dallow and did die in Leicestershire but winifred never really talked about her first marriage so no one knows anything about him,where he was born etc.He has always been a mystery but with all the help  I have received I should hopefully now get on the right track.Thank you all very much!!!COMPLETED!!!!!

Offline DeteP

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Albert Aaron Lowe-married October 1906 in Bromborough,CheshireCompleted!!!
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 02:34 BST (UK) »
I was doing some late night browsing and came across this website for the first time. I was wondering if you are still interested in Albert Aaron Lowe, and if so, what your link to him is. I too, have an interest.
Best wishes.