Author Topic: Donald SLATER McINTOSH  (Read 5315 times)

Offline wildcats13

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Donald SLATER McINTOSH
« on: Wednesday 17 August 11 11:50 BST (UK) »
Looking for any information on the parents of James McIntosh, born 27 August 1818 in Urquhart, Inverness, Scotland.

All I know is their names were Donald Slater McIntosh and Isabella McLean. 

James married a Catherine McPherson on 20 January 1847 in Alvey, Inverness, Scotland. They had three children, Donald, Jessie and Elizabeth in Alvey, Inverness, Scotland, and then moved to Australia sometime between 1852 and 1854.

Any assistance would be a great help.

Regards,

Wildcats13

Offline JohnXXIII

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: DONALD SLATER McINTOSH
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 September 11 20:58 BST (UK) »
Hi

I dont know the parents but I have started a project to examine the relationships between Glenurquhart McIntoshs (any spellings).  There were no more thana dozen McIntosh families in the Glen in 1700s.  I am offering to pay for a 37 marker 'y' chromosome, DNA test through FamilyTreeDNA for direct descendents of Glenurquhart McIntoshs.  If you are interested in more information or know someone who is, please contact me on *
You may learn more about Donald's family through linkages to other families.
Regards
John Mc

*Moderator comment: personal e-mail address removed in accordance with RootsChat general practice.  Please use the personal message facility to exchange e-mail addresses.  Thank you.  :)
Scotland: McIntosh, Wallace, McLeod, Chisolm

Offline Big-toshie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Donald SLATER McINTOSH
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 September 11 13:39 BST (UK) »
Hi, that's a branch of my family. If you go to the page below you can see my tree from Donald Macintosh's entry. I did not have anything on James's family so your information is very interesting.  I also have it on Ancestry and GenesReunited.

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=mackmacl2011v12&id=515678056

I have a hard copy of a tree done by a relation in Australia of Australian MacIntosh's and I have put most of it on my tree.

A couple of things - Donald's middle name was actually his occupation not his name! There are a few of them that are recorded as slaters. Also I have his wife as Isabel McEwan.
I am decended from Alexander Macintosh, Donald's brother

Bunloit is small homestead area on the hills on the Northside of Loch Ness above Urquhart Castle.

regards
Bob
MacKintosh, MacIntosh, McIntosh, MacLean, Campbell, Clunas, Winchester, McLennan, McVittie, Fairlee, Queen, Oliver, Longstaff, Broderick, Hardy, Jones, Dart, Hext

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 21 September 11 15:35 BST (UK) »
Wildcats, would Alvey not be Alvie, an estate on Speyside, between Kincraig & Aviemore.    Skoosh.

Offline suechart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 29 June 13 04:02 BST (UK) »
Hi!
I am looking for information on a Catherine McIntosh born about 1850 Catherine married William Chartres at Glenurquart Inverness-shire we think 15 May 1879. They all emigrated to New Zealand after marriage. These are my great grandparents. Also their headstone reads William McIntosh who died 1899 aged 65 years. Can you help? Thanking you in advance - Sue Chartres New Zealand

Offline JohnXXIII

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 29 June 13 06:46 BST (UK) »
There is a Catherine McIntosh born 1852, daughter of William McIntosh, Balby of Bunloit Bridge, Glenurquhart, and Jane Campbell.  If you look at the family tree of Big Toshie above in this thread you may find them there.  Regards  John

Offline suechart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 29 June 13 06:52 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much!!! Sue

Offline JohnXXIII

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 29 June 13 06:55 BST (UK) »
I don't think William McIntosh and Jane Campbell are in Big Toshie's family tree.  You may have to look for a marriage of William and Jane Campbell and work back.

Offline suechart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 29 June 13 08:42 BST (UK) »
Yes thinking you're right - thankyou...Sue