Author Topic: THOMAS SCOTT born 1640  (Read 3851 times)

Offline Mangano

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
THOMAS SCOTT born 1640
« on: Thursday 18 August 11 07:19 BST (UK) »
 I've discovered one of my ancestors, Thomas Scott was born in England around 1640, according to some sources, and may have married Amy Fisher around 1682. However, my sources, so far, don't mention in which part of England they came from.
 Amy may have been born around 1644 and their son, Samuel Scott is supposed to have been born in 1683.
 The Scotts went to America to live and settled in Bensalem, Pennsylvania. A number of generations lived there and in the Philadelphia area as well.
 Would love to know more of these ancestors...There were three generations of Samuel Scotts before coming to my ancestor Ann Scott who was born in 1784. Her first son was named Samuel Scott Wenzell.

Offline droops

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: THOMAS SCOTT born 1640
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 November 11 11:04 GMT (UK) »
There is a Thomas Scott who was baptised in Wakefield 10 April 1640. His father was John.
Another Thomas Scott was baptised Netherthong, Yorkshire on 26 June 1642 . Father, Thomas.
Another in Huddersfield 16 Oct 1642 to Xoferi.
Another in Sutton, Cambridgeshire on 15 Sep 1640 to William
Another in Lambeth on 17 Jul 1640 to John.

Just doing a quick search. In 1640 there are a further 2 baptisms of Thomas Scott in England. In 1641, there is just the one. In 1642 there are two more in addition to the above. In 1639 there are 3, in 1638 there are 3.
With a more detailed search, I am sure more Thomas Scotts would pop up and I cant see all parish records.

I dont think you are going to get further back, soon, with this one.

For Samuel Scott, the nearest I can get is 1680 and 1686. As I said, I cant see all parish registers.

Offline Mangano

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 February 12 20:15 GMT (UK) »
 I saw another entry on another site that mentioned that Thomas Scott's son, Samuel Scott was born in Hartford....England....1683.

Offline Mangano

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 03 March 12 18:48 GMT (UK) »
I have seen on one site that the woman that Thomas Scott married, Amy Fisher was the daughter of John Fisher and Susan Roberta Gardner....

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 03 March 12 21:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mangano  :)

Please forgive me if you already know this - birth/baptism, marriage, and death/burial events prior to 1837 were recorded at local level only.  There was no national recording system until 1 July 1837.

Therefore, as droops has explained, we need a location (or at least a county) before we can start to search for you.  The suggested place name - Hartford - appears in several English counties, and could also refer to Hertford (which is pronounced Hartford  ::)).

Could you tell us which site you've been using?

Regards,
Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline Mangano

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 03 March 12 22:07 GMT (UK) »
I was on ancestry.com and found this information as possible connections....I've seen where Thomas Scott was "probably" born in London in 1640 and that Amy Fisher, his wife in 1644....

I didn't know of what you explained. I just wish I knew more....

Thank you....

Offline rscott6197

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 11 December 20 19:26 GMT (UK) »
For those looking up items in UK he was a Taylor in London before being one of the original purchasers of land from William Penn. Possibly coming over on the Bristol Factor. I believe he sailed out of Bristol England. I'm guessing He should show up in 1680 as a Taylor. Not sure if he lived in London though.