Author Topic: "Lord Delaval" built Berwick-upon-Tweed  (Read 9075 times)

Offline Zoshi2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: "Lord Delaval" built Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 04 June 17 05:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Maps!

Thanks very much for going to all the trouble of digitizing so much information for me, I really appreciate it.

I was rather hoping that my detailed reply might prove helpful in some way and was pleased to see that you found some hidden tips.

In response to your invitation to let you know if any pages were missing - I found attached only three of the nine pages you'd indicated: page 1 of the Passenger List, (beginning with Adamson); the page beginning with K surnames and the informative letter from the Australian researcher.

It is all very interesting (I had not seen these originals after all) and would love to see the other six pages if you can manage it. I wonder if my own Churcher family was among those the researcher copied - I hope so. I'm looking forward to seeing your Hill family too.  I had to smile when I read the researcher's comments about who Charles Hill might be - my own ideas seemed to echo hers!

The helpful Australian librarian would have copied the passenger list from the microfiche she consulted for information but their copier wasn't working at the time.

I assume you're familiar with the index of the outward bound passenger list from England. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I remember how excited I was when I found my own Churcher family on it!

If and when you have time, thanks in advance for any additional attachments.

Best wishes,
Zoshi

Offline Zoshi2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 04 June 17 06:26 BST (UK) »
Hi again MAPS;

Could you please check page 3b for me (the one that begins listing passengers with 'K' names). The top of the page is not visible and I wondered where these people embarked....

Sorry to trouble you but I like to glean as much information as possible to get the full 'picture'.
Whenever you get a moment, no hurry.

Thanks,
Zoshi

Offline MAPS

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 05 June 17 09:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Zoshi,

It's no trouble, just a learning curve for me. I need the practice !
This is the only passenger list I have and it's from the Newcastle Courant. C:\Users\Gebruiker\Documents\1. HILL FAMILY HISTORY\Hill INFO\Passengers on the Lord Delaval.htm

When I sent the docs I thought I was sending 3 at a time sorry !

At the top of page 3a it says ; Port at which Passengers have contracted to land. If you look at page 1a you will see that Port Phillip has been written in that column.

As for the Keene couple, Minister and Wife, they were English.

I will now try Attaching the rest.

Sorry but I have been reading the rules and find that the documents have too many MBs to send on this site. But if you could send me a "Personal Message" with an e-mail address then there would be no problem at all. 

Best wishes,

MAPS ( NL)
Mainland [Orkney/Middlesex], Hill [London/Bristol], Adamson [Fife], Nicholson [Fifi], Tippett [Cornwall/Devon],
Heays [Tasmania/England], Reid [England/Scotland], Halcrow, Williams and many others.

Offline Zoshi2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 05 June 17 19:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Maps;

Thanks for your reply and info. and offer to send me the rest of the pages. My email address is: darch@shaw.ca.  After I sent the last message I reread all your posts and replies and realized that you'd mentioned the GENUKI link to the passenger list already. I'd forgotten, sorry!  I have a little information re Australian research but will elaborate later.

I look forward to hearing from you. I have a good feeling about our connection, I feel it may turn up some surprises!  Zoshi