Author Topic: Albert Idris Davies and Emma Gwynne  (Read 5755 times)

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Albert Idris Davies and Emma Gwynne
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 09 October 11 15:12 BST (UK) »
Hi jwayborg
I am sorry that this is such a tardy reply but I have only just come across your post dated 20th Aug.  In answer to your question regarding Pam Green, I knew here very well, lived in the same street and I have a street photo possible taken c. 1953 and if my memory serves me right the two of us should be on it.
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jwayborg

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 12 October 11 20:33 BST (UK) »
Hi, thx for the reply ... I would love a copy of the pick and any information you can give me on the family dad seems to recall a son too.  Would you be willing to meet with me and my dad so we could exchange information? The details on my fathers side of the family are minimal so anything that would jog my dads memory would be a great help.. Most of his family are buried in brithdir cemetary but he was the youngest and his memory needs a kick start.
thx again.. M 
Davies, Short, Gwynne, Jones.

Offline surfcoastwombat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 24 July 18 01:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Jwayborg

I have just found this post – it was posted some time ago so I hope you are still following it.  Emma Gwynne is my 1st cousin 2x removed so I am researching her family history.  Don’t know whether it will help you or not but I recently bought a book from the Gelligaer Historical Society called “BRITHDIR – Yesteryear in an upper Rhymney Valley Community” written by Royston Smith.  I was able to find several references to some of my ancestors in that book which I am following up on.  Bargoed is not far from Brithdir.

John Cummings
Anglesea, Australia