Author Topic: Offer:Queensland Electoral Rolls 1839 -1925  (Read 23030 times)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Queensland Electoral Rolls
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 27 June 12 04:31 BST (UK) »
Online electoral information is not available post 1980.  You would need someone to visit an electoral office to search for this information. 

Do you kow of these people are deceased?   If not we are unable to help you as rootschat has a policy of not permitting information on the website about living people.
http://www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php#living

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LHurrey

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 27 June 12 05:09 BST (UK) »
PM sent

Offline wb54

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 06 September 12 18:17 BST (UK) »
hello lhurrey, have just came across this subject, if you are still able to do look ups, would you please check james william harbottle c1886 northumberland england. he was married in 1908 to ann kirby day, had two children. living with her family.cant find him on the 1911 census england, ann with her family. found james on the australian imperial force,nominal roll.he joined the mining corps-no1 company 30/10/15. did find a group photo of the company but his name not down on photo. when going into his records he is down as single. father as next of kin, but on another in bold red ink his wife is down. there is afew sheets about him. he died at lidcomestate hospital and home. joseph street. lidcombe. 2mar 1964. i dont know if he walk out all them years ago or was he hoping to bring them over later but the war got in the way. any think would be great, thank you for your time. am over here in england. regards william
ballance-belfast,derry,tyrone.parsons-dublin,belfast.lucas-tyrone,belfast.davidson-belfast,newcastle-upon-tyne.rankin-holy island,newcastle-upon-tyne.aitchison-belford,newcastle-upon-tyne,gateshead.harbottle-belford,northumberland, nz & australia.

Offline ennael

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile

Offline wb54

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 07 September 12 16:41 BST (UK) »
hello ennael, thank you very much for that site, that make`s it alot easy to find someone. are all the cemetery`s over there so up two date?  i entered just harbottle to see if there was anyone in the same grave, just him.  let me know if i cant help you, for anyone from belfast. i try to get home when i can. regards william.
ballance-belfast,derry,tyrone.parsons-dublin,belfast.lucas-tyrone,belfast.davidson-belfast,newcastle-upon-tyne.rankin-holy island,newcastle-upon-tyne.aitchison-belford,newcastle-upon-tyne,gateshead.harbottle-belford,northumberland, nz & australia.

Offline muss

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 07 September 12 21:23 BST (UK) »
hi

May or may not  be your James.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/49550418?searchTerm=james harbottle&searchLimits=

Muss

Offline rebelsher

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 10 October 12 01:10 BST (UK) »
Could someone please check for William Blair and/or Daisy Alice Blair or Daisy Alice Meiers on the 1950-51 electoral rolls? They should be in Queensland maybe around Enoggera. I know they married sometime between 1949 and 1954. I just don't know when. I have them in 1949 and 1954.

Thanks so much, Sherry Harris

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 13 October 12 07:22 BST (UK) »
http://www.slq.qld.gov.au/resources/family-history/info-guides/electoral-rolls

What are annotated electoral rolls and how can they be used?

These rolls are marked with:

the new surname of a recently married woman
[/color]
    change of address
    date of notification of someone’s death

As a result, these rolls can flag which other electorate to search or approximately when someone died. The rolls are held at:

1918-1968: National Archives of Australia Commonwealth electorates
    1915-1992: Queensland State Archives State electorates

NB:  The annotated rolls are held at the two archival institutions only.

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LHurrey

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 20 November 12 03:10 GMT (UK) »
Could someone please check for William Blair and/or Daisy Alice Blair or Daisy Alice Meiers on the 1950-51 electoral rolls? They should be in Queensland maybe around Enoggera. I know they married sometime between 1949 and 1954. I just don't know when. I have them in 1949 and 1954.

Hi Sherry,
Unfortunately, my library does not hold any rolls for those years. Good luck in your search! Cando has provided some great info.
Cheers,
Lucy