Author Topic: help look up - Matilda Ross c1868  (Read 4615 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: help look up - Matilda Ross c1868
« Reply #9 on: Friday 14 August 15 14:01 BST (UK) »
The OP was looking for a Matilda Ross born in Scotland. Here's a link to brother's household in 1911 which includes their mother and another sister-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/Lough_Enagh/Stradreagh_Beg/598961
However, since mother & sister both born Co.Derry then perhaps Matilda Ross was also born in Ireland rather than Scotland.
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Londonderry/Lough_Enagh/Stradreagh_Beg/1528021

Ross James of Stradreagh Lough Enagh county Londonderry farmer died 23 June 1940 Administration Londonderry 27 June to Elizabeth Murray Ross the widow. Effects £869 10s.

Probate of the Will of Mary Ann Ross late of Stradreagh, Co. Londonderry, widow, who died 16 April 1917 granted at Londonderry to James Ross, Stradreagh, farmer. Effects: £160 0s 0d

The Will of James Ross late of Stradreagh Beg County Londonderry Farmer who died 18 November 1893 at same place was proved at Londonderry by James Ross of Stradreagh Beg and James Boyee [Boyce] of Mobuoy both in said County Farmers the Executors.
Will mentions wife Mary Ann, son James

http://apps.proni.gov.uk/DCAL_PRONI_WillsCalendar_IE/WillsSearch.aspx
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline greeneyedgirl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 30 August 15 09:42 BST (UK) »
Hi, to continue with Kingkerswell's post, the marriage in 1896 does appear to be your Matilda.

Marriage:

22 December 1896
Glendermott, co Derry
Joseph Waterson
address: Argyle St., Derry
rel: Presbyterian
occ: carpenter
father of groom: George Waterson-farmer

Matilda Ross
address: Lough Enagh
rel: Presbyterian
father of bride: James Ross- farmer
witnesses: James Ross & Elizabeth Murray Ross

Hope this helps, Kim

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 24 July 21 18:20 BST (UK) »
I have been researching the Watterson family. I have a Joseph Watterson who  married Matild a Ross Dec 22, 1896 in First Presbyterian Church, Parish of  Glendermot, Co Derry, Ireland with her father named as James. Matilda died Sept 19,1906 and I don't find Joseph in 1911. Maybe he went to Scotland as I don't find his death in Ireland either.
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 24 July 21 18:43 BST (UK) »
I have now found Joseph Watterson, spelled Waterson, on the 1911 census with 3 of his children May aka Lydia Mary, Joseph and Bella aka Jeannie Maud Isabel.  the oldest daughter, actually a twin, died in 1906, Rachel Clarke aka Ella.
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland