Author Topic: IGI website woes again?  (Read 2535 times)

Online 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
IGI website woes again?
« on: Friday 02 September 11 08:21 BST (UK) »
Is it just me?  For about a week I have not been able to search on the Hugh Wallis IGI site.  I get the broken link page.

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: IGI website woes again?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 02 September 11 08:47 BST (UK) »
Over the last few months I have had a similar problem and I emailed this site to question whether the site was safe.Ever on seemed to think it was so I still use it.Perhaps it has momentary glitches.
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Online 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: IGI website woes again?
« Reply #2 on: Friday 02 September 11 09:15 BST (UK) »
I believe the site is safe. I can get to the page where you choose the parish but when I go to search for a particular name in that parish the separate window comes up to put in the name.  Then comes the problem  and the page is telling me that there may be a broken link.  This happened with all three of my computers in the past week.  I think it is something in the site.

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile