Author Topic: 'Visiting' old addresses, ancestral locations etc. via Street View  (Read 9899 times)

Offline Monaro Area NSW

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 'Visiting' old addresses, ancestral locations etc. via Street View
« Reply #27 on: Monday 07 November 11 08:21 GMT (UK) »
Not so old BUT
I checked on my maternal grgrandparents house, which is where my grandparents ended up living. (all deceased now) BUT while doing it I noticed that the house my mum and dad lived in before they divorced was standing ((It was across the road)) which amazed me to no end because I burnt it down when I was a child!!!!!
Obviously I didn't burn it all down as someone has rebuilt it and it looks almost the same as photo's I have (from before I burnt it down)

I didn't burn it on purpose,,,,I was trying to clean it up,,,,(long story)

Bored

Offline Les de B

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 07 November 11 09:43 GMT (UK) »
I certainly use it whenever/wherever I can - its such a great asset! Before Google Street Search I had to rely on emailing the local Police Station, church, etc to see if a building was still standing. Naturally, one wouldn't always receive a reply.

I have Windows 7, and use the "Snipping Tool" function on the street photo's  when required - so easy.

Les
de Belin, Swindail, Willcock, Williams, Moore, Watts, Searjeant, Watson, McCready, Reid, Spink, de Lancey, Van Cortland, and of course, Smith!

Online Ray T

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 07 November 11 13:56 GMT (UK) »
I can only suggest press the "PrtSc" button, this will copy the whole page you are viewing to the clipboard, you can then paste it into Word & crop if necessary

pat

No need to make things so complicated. Google Earth has a "Copy Image" facility under the Edit menu after which you can paste it into whichever programme you want.