Author Topic: Aldersley lead miners in Grassington  (Read 4061 times)

Offline Sfance

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Aldersley lead miners in Grassington
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 01 August 04 22:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Dianer, just got your e-mail but the site isn't allowing me to reply to you directly. If you would like to correspond in greater detail, please leave your e-mail address. Anyhow, your data on James and Margaret Aldersley are close, but not entirely accurate. First, I am surprised to hear you say that they had a son, Matthew. I don't have a record of him, but perhaps he died as an infant? Squire William, who was my great-grandfather, lost his wife Charlotte in 1889. Far from dying at that time, Willie Stead survived until the 1960's - he lived close to my family in Stoke-on-Trent, England, and I knew him well. His brother, George, was my dad's father. George also died in the 60's. With regard to your side of the family, my information about Peter William is that he had 5 daughters and no sons. The daughters' names that I have were Sarah, Emily, Rosetta, Prisella and Ada. I presume that one of these daughters must be your forebear? I don't have any information beyond their approx. birth date on any of them and would be very pleased to remedy that!

Stephen

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 05 August 04 20:22 BST (UK) »
Sfance,

I think if you try again,you will find that you can now send personal messages to other RootsChatters.  :)  :)

Trystan
RootsChat Admin
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline linencupboard

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 09 March 07 09:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi
New to this site - found it by accident but I am also related to Peter Aldersley born Grassington /Linton 1828 - his daughter Emily was my great grandmother. I have very little information on the family so would be grateful for any. I know that it is some time since this subject was originally posted but here's hoping!

Chris

Offline vduvy

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 25 December 09 19:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello Dianer,

My great, great, great, great grandfather was the Aldersley(first name??)(1780-1871) who married Miss Howsan.  If his name was James, then according to my records,he was named after his father who was also a James.  So, I better refer to the son as James II.

James II had three siblings, one of which was named Peter. Peter had six children, including four daughters(unnamed) and two sons, Edward and John.

James IIhad a son,  John(1809-1891),  who subseqently married Alice Kearton.
According to my records, John's father was a dresser.  There it is; looks like we are related.
I feel so sorry for you(little american joke!)

I am Vernon Duvall, a retired college teacher and busnessman, was thinking about visiting Grassington, and that was how I came to this website.  Small world!

Hope this helps and I would certainly like to hear from you because one of the tasks I set out, was to determine what happened to Aldersley family in England.  Obviously, none of them became King or I would have heard. 

This web site advises members not to post their email address but I am unfamiliar with the system and unsure if I will get your reply.  If I don't get a reply, I will resend this.

Hope you had a great Christmas,

Vern Duvall

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 26 December 09 01:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Vern

If you click the little scroll thing on the left hand side under the posters name you can send them a private message with your email address.  The poster should then receive and email letting them know they have a personal message on this site.  :)
I think you have to make a couple of more posts on the site to allow you to PM someone.  Try posting your interests  or something on a new thread :)

Christine
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline dianer

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 04 January 10 19:12 GMT (UK) »

Hi Vern,

I've sent you a personal message in response to your posting of 25th Dec.  If you havn't received it I can always re-post.

Kind regards

Dianer
Aldersley-Carleton, Grassington and Bradford West Yorks
Dean- Elland, West Yorks
Pennington- Slyne, Ellel in Lancashire
Jackman- Bradford