Author Topic: Anderson family, Ballyshannon  (Read 27943 times)

Offline ScottishSharon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anderson family, Ballyshannon
« Reply #45 on: Friday 06 May 16 19:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave in Canada
Betty's website has been a real source of information about the Anderson's family.  Its been an interesting few weeks piecing together the family tree and where relatives names that I have a very vague memory of fit in.
Any other information from yourself would be most welcome.
Sharon

Offline GenieRachel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 01 June 16 01:14 BST (UK) »
I have not been on this site for ages, so forgive me for chiming in rather late on this thread.  I am also researching an Anderson family of Ballyshannon.  I don't know whether there is any connection with yours.  I have Lowry Anderson b.ca 1806 married Elizabeth Thompson on 29 Jan 1834 in Parish of Kilbarron.  Lowry died in 1847 and Elizabeth in 1877.  Both were buried in Drumholm Graveyard.

Their children were all baptised in Kilbarron:
William 1834 - nothing else known
John 1836, died 1843, buried Drumholm Graveyard
Richard 1838, died 1854, buried Drumholm Graveyard
Eliza Jane 1839, died 1864 in Adelaide, South Australia
Lowry Murray 1842. (My GGF) died 1921 in Western Australia
John 1844, died 1925 Victoria, Australia
Florinda 1846, died 1917, buried in St Anne's Church of Ireland graveyard, Ballyshannon

I would love to find Lowry's parents as well as any possible connections with other Anderson families in Ballyshannon.

I have often been told that the only way to make any progress is to go to Ireland.  I finally have a chance to go there a bit later this year.  I wonder if anyone can recommend any particular places I should go to access records which are not available online.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Anderson, Baggott, Cooke, Church, Green, O'Shannassy, Powell and Standish from Ireland
Durham, Faulkner and Sharrock from Northamptonshire
Mighell from Sussex
Miller, Kerr and Gray from Scotland

Offline Birdie1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 06 April 18 16:40 BST (UK) »
Hi, Sharon and Betty.
I am a newcomer to this site and excited to find out so much family information!
I am a granddaughter of Catherine ("Kate") (Anderson) Buchanan, planning my first trip to Ireland in early May and hoping to get more information about the family. 
By the way, I have a sampler cross-stitched by Catherine Moore, with her name on it, undated.  It's framed and hanging in my home.
VG

Offline winnipeg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 06 April 18 23:20 BST (UK) »
Hi VG
I am Dave from Winnipeg married to the grand daughter of William David Anderson who was your grandmothers brother. Your grand parents actually lived with them (David William and Nellie Anderson)  in Winnipeg after they were married. Your Grandparents also lived in Winnipeg for a number of years and your mother? and Aunts were born here.
I can send you a complete history of the Anderson relatives in Winnipeg and Canada if you can send me your email or mailing address via message service. Betty and Sharon can give you the info on Andersons over in Ireland and Scotland.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Dave

Offline Birdie1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 07 April 18 17:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your message, Dave.  It's great to make contact with you!  I would very much like to receive the family information you have.  I'll send you my email address.
My mother was Bella Anderson, born in San Francisco in 1915.  Is there any information you would like about the California branch of the family?
VG

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Saturday 07 April 18 17:51 BST (UK) »
Civil Reg Birth, Marriage and Death results for Anderson of Ballyshannon 
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01lvd/
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.