Author Topic: a granny who has me confused!!!!  (Read 3590 times)

Offline MARYS1995

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
a granny who has me confused!!!!
« on: Saturday 03 September 11 20:00 BST (UK) »
my gran was agnes manderson roberts thomson-subsequently stewart m.s.marshall (on my dads death cert)m to hugh kerr thomson in 1899 in bannockburn,she was also married to john stewart formerly john stewart muirhead(2nd wife).i don't remember much about her,but i think she died at dundas crescent in clackmannan in the late 50s or early 60s,when we went to register my dads death the register office had a few problems trying to find her because she had been married 4 or 5 times (i know the feeling,) i can't seem to find her at all,any help would be much appreciated
stewarts and mcgregors,gibsons,perthshire,mcintosh denny area.thomsons bannockburn,kerr,stevenson,thomsons and mooney ireland

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: a granny who has me confused!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 September 11 20:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary

i can't seem to find her at all,any help would be much appreciated

Are you trying to find Agnes in the earlier censuses etc and with her own family?

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MARYS1995

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 03 September 11 21:38 BST (UK) »
hi monica,
have looked at the censuses, no joy there,she seems to have used all these names at different times,and i've used up all my sp credit so i'l have to wait till monday now to search again,i've heard that you can pay the register office to find your tree,but there's no fun in that,might try looking for info on john stewart and see if that opens up better leads,
thanks mary
stewarts and mcgregors,gibsons,perthshire,mcintosh denny area.thomsons bannockburn,kerr,stevenson,thomsons and mooney ireland

Offline cookies4

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 03 September 11 23:38 BST (UK) »
Here she is with her parents at Glasgow in 1891 -

James Marshall    40
Agnes Marshall    32
Agnes Marshall    13 born Camden (Camelon in 1881 and 1901) Stirlingshire
Jane Marshall    11
Anaple Marshall    9
Janet Marshall    5
Peter Marshall    9mo

One of the reasons I'm sure it's her is that in 1901 where she is living at Bannockburn with Hugh there is also an Anaple Marshall there too.

1881 she's at Falkirk.

Looks like she died in 1960. A look at that should hopefully show any other spouses.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 03 September 11 23:45 BST (UK) »
hi all  :)

i too think she died 1960 alloa clackmannan agnes stewart(other surname thomson or marshall) born c1878

ev

added - found this

http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=nanasplit&id=I1463
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline cookies4

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 03 September 11 23:57 BST (UK) »
A search for marriages of an Agnes Manderso(n) Marshall between 1891 and 1960 gives 5 results. Will be interesting to see if they are all the same lady!

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 04 September 11 00:06 BST (UK) »
national archives of scotland has -
agnes marshall or thomson or martin v john martin - divorce 1939

i note that 1960 death also has the surname martin

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline cookies4

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 04 September 11 00:25 BST (UK) »
Mary,

Have you ever looked at her marriage entry to Hugh because it looks like she was married before him in 1896.

Offline MARYS1995

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 04 September 11 17:21 BST (UK) »
Blimey so much info thank you so much,according to the few papers i have she married hugh in 1899 in bannockburn,he was my paternal gr/father,i also remember her last husband,known affectionally as auld stewart,we do still have family some where in camelon,but i haven't seen any of them since my father died in 1989,i think because of the registrar i just built a wall that i couldn't break thru,but now with this info i can go forward.
thanks again so much
roots chatters are ace
mary x