Author Topic: Well pleased with this effort  (Read 4065 times)

Offline uk2003

• --
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Well pleased with this effort
« on: Thursday 05 May 05 13:58 BST (UK) »
Hi deadant

:) I think I may have cracked the colour process with this, what do you think?

How can I recreate or keep the fluffy bits round the bonnet, I lost it in the background colour

Regards
Ken
Harris - Millington - Hilton - Capper - Smith - Jones

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Well pleased with this effort
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 May 05 02:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Ken,
    You are getting those colours looking much more realistic now. As far as the fur edge on the woolen cap goes, you have to start learning how to use a range of tools. I started looking at the  the Select Color range but had a better idea. I used the smudge tool, see below. What I did was to set the brush size for the smudge tool to about 3px then just smudged out the edge of the bonnet to suit. This takes a little practice but as it's not something that has to be to accurate, you have got a fair margin of error. You can see I have exaggerated the furry edge so you can see it better.

But the best way is to select the quick mask, see below bottom. Paint a mask over the bonnet. Use a very fine brush for the fluffy edges. Once you have painted over the areas of interest, you go back to edit in standard mode by pressing Q. This will select all the areas you painted your mask onto.

deadants
Cleary, Doran, Boland, McCooey, McManus, O'brien, Martin, Savage, Wallis, McCollister, Wood.  (More to come soon)