Author Topic: Death - Orange NSW - William BURTON  (Read 24189 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Death - Orange NSW - William BURTON
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 13 September 11 13:26 BST (UK) »
I have copy of various rolls in my offline resources.   The NSW State Library may also have copies of electoral rolls, and would be able to validate the information I have provided..

http://www.sl.nsw.gov.au/

Cheers,  JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 13 September 11 13:39 BST (UK) »
It had run through my mind that perhaps Isaac and James are the same person.

I need to list the births to get them straight in my own mind!  ::)

JENNER Births:
V18531605 56/1853    Ann JENNER, parents: JAMES, PHILADELPHIA
V18541876 42A/1854  James    JENNER, parents: ISAAC,  PHILIA   
V18551949 42A/1855  Anne S JENNER, parents: ISAAC,    PHILADELPHIA
4119/1857               Eliza JENNER, parents: ISAAC, PHILADELPHIA, reg ARMIDALE  
4271/1858               Isaac JENNER, parents ISAAC, PHILADELPHIA, reg at ARMIDALE
10505/1859               George JENNER, parents:  JAMES, PHILIDELPHIA, reg    ORANGE
4392/1860               Daniel JENNER, parents: ISAAC, PHILADELPHIA, reg  ARMIDALE
4495/1863               Edward T JENNER   ,parents: ISAAC, PHILADELPHIA, reg ARMIDALE     

And, perhaps, Sarah perhaps 1862

And then these two  ???

4763/1864   Caroline JENNER, parents: ISAAC, PHILLIS, reg ARMIDALE     
4800/1866    Barbara JENNER, parents: ISAAC, PHILLIS, reg ARMIDALE, Died 1867, reg Armidale

There are deaths for
Isaac (1921, Granville) and
Daniel (1936, Manilla) JENNER - both with parent names given as Isaac and Phyllis, and also for
James JENNER (1934, Granville) , parents given as Isaac and Phillip (!)

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 13 September 11 13:54 BST (UK) »
Hi all, especially Judith,  I understand,  I am currently trying to sort out some of the entries on the familysearch (dot) org's new site...  They have both Isacc and James

EG for Isaac, there's this lass which seems to match up with Anne S Jenner on your list (NSW BDM index ?) 
Anne Sarah Jenner, Female, Baptism/Christening 04 Nov 1855 at ST. PETER  at Armidale, birth03 Oct 1855 Father Isaac Jenner,  Mother Philadelphia

I am using the options :  Jenner,  Australia 1840 - 1880 and NOT looking at any submitted trees.   I think I am looking at the equivalent of the former IGI extracted ....

If I have time tomorrow I will try to help further, but knowing me, I will only become more confused  :-[

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 13 September 11 14:06 BST (UK) »
There is a marriage for an Eliza JENNER (1882, Tenterfield) to James HENDRY and a death, (1929 Tamworth) for an Eliza HENDRY, parents Isaac and Phyllis.

Marriage for a Caroline JENNER (1888, Uralla) to Philip BAKER and a corresponding death for a Caroline BAKER, (Manilla 1899), parents Isaac and Phyllis.

However George JENNER's death (1932, Millthorpe) lists parents as James and Philadelphia.   ::)

Austcemindex has photos of JENNER graves at Manilla - Mary Jane  wife of Isaac (the son, I think) is there and Caroline BAKER.  Others are later.

http://www.austcemindex.com/

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 13 September 11 14:47 BST (UK) »
Aboard the Meteor 1853

Isaac JENNER 26, farm labourer,
native place: Ditchling, Sussex;
parents: John and Lydia, mother dead, father living Chailey?, Sussex

Philia JENNER, 23, farm labourer,
native place: Lewes, Sussex
parents: James and Eliza WICKS, mother dead, father living Lewes.

Both C of E, Isaac can read, Philia can read and write; they have no relatives in the colony and 2pounds was paid to the Immigration Board

JENNER brothers arrive in 1854 aboard the Tantivy. (Same parents and native place as Isaac, father now residing Ditchland?, Sussex).  They state that their relative in the colony is a brother Isaac, residing New England.
Edward JENNER 19, shepherd
Daniel JENNER 27, ag lab,

This looks like Isaac's marriage (freebmd), Sep qr 1852

Isaac JENNER, reg Lewes    Vol 2b   p 253    
 and on the same page:
Elizabeth  WICKS

Do we already have his death?  This would appear to be it:

1894 #13397 (reg Uralla, NSW)
Isaac JENNER
Father's Name: John

Judith

Offline Elstead1861

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 13 September 11 16:24 BST (UK) »
It had run through my mind that perhaps Isaac and James are the same person.

Thanks for going through this with majm. It seems like the conclusion is that James and Isaac are two different people.

I'm pretty hopeful that Susan is James Jenner and Philadelphia Harvey's daughter. Looks like I'll need to dig deeper to find Susan's year and place of birth though. Neither of the parents could read or write though so the surname spelling could vary.

Perhaps I'll have to invest in the marriage cert. transcription to move forward with William Burton.

Thanks again to all.

Offline Elstead1861

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 13 September 11 17:26 BST (UK) »
And on same roll, three by the surname Jenner ...
William, residence : King's Plains
James, Junior, residence : Byng
James, Senior, household : byng

Bathhurst Free Press
28-Jul-1855 p1
NOTICE
The undersigned has found a red working bullock, JG off rump, which he believes to be his, and which was lost several years since. Whoever can show a stronger claim to the said bullock, can have him by applyingto
James Jenner, Guyong

Bathhurst Free Press
6-Sep-1862 p4
IMPOUNDINGS
BLAYNEY [On the 19th August] from the wheat paddock of W. Jenner, Dungon Creek, damages 10s:
Dark iron-grey horse, blotch brand near shoulder...

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 14 September 11 02:15 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

Double shuffled, engaged low gear .... heading out to look for both James JENNER and Isaac JENNER to support the notion they are two individuals.  Along the way I think I am helping .... I hope so ... at least these should help with the cutting from the Bathurst papers...

NSW ER 1870 ORANGE
JENNER, William, residence,  King’s Plains
JENNER, James, household, King’s Plains

NSW ER 1870 NEW ENGLAND
JENNERS, Isaac, residence, Balala

Yes, the chap at New England has been listed on the roll as Jenners  ...  I have triple checked, there is “s”.

NSW ER 1878 ORANGE
JENNER, James, junior, residence, Byng 
JENNER, William, residence, King’s Plain
JENNER, James, senior, household, Byng

NSW ER 1878 NEW ENGLAND
JENNER, Isaac, freehold, Mail Station

So it seems likely that there are TWO adults named James Jenner, at Byng,  and ONE named Isaac Jenner up near Armidale  (and of course there’s also a William Jenner,).   

Re the two adults at Byng, (oops, I add, I am speculating yet again  ::) ) most likely they are related to each other, perhaps father and son or maybe Uncle and nephew.   

Cheers,  JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 14 September 11 02:34 BST (UK) »
From Walter Samson & Co., New South Wales National Directory 1867 - 1868

New England and Armidale
I JENNER, Balala

Orange and Lucknow
W JENNER, Guyong

Cheers,  JM