Author Topic: Harry Dark  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Jeffers1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Harry Dark
« on: Friday 16 September 11 14:59 BST (UK) »
can anyone help me find info re harry dark, born approx. 1892.  Lived in St. helier during WW2 and had a connection with Jersey Evening Post & mentioned in the german hospital as "Uncle harry".  May have been married to Rose

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Dark
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 September 11 15:52 BST (UK) »
Hi

Could it be Edwin Harry Dark born 10th Aug 1891?

There is an Occupation Registration Card and a will lodged at the Jersey Archive.

Also living at the same address during the occupation is Rosa Emma Dark nee Woodcock born 31st Jan 1893.

Stewart

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Jeffers1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Dark
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 September 11 12:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Stewart,

Thank you so much for responding.  He was always called Harry by the family (he was my great uncle)  but I think this must be him.  If you can find any other references, I should be most grateful.

Best wishes

Jeff