Author Topic: What happened to boxer Kid Doyle?  (Read 4696 times)

Offline Garethboxing

• --
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Grampy Wyndham Jones (Wales v Ireland 1905)
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to boxer Kid Doyle?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 01 November 11 12:17 GMT (UK) »
Just remembered - I made the same mistake once before  :o
You have to have posted at least three times before you can send a Personal Message (PM), so you'll have to post another reply first  :D
   Gareth
Scott, Dowdeswell (Merthyr Tydfil), Jones (Loughor and Merthyr Vale), Roberts (Nelson), Prichard (Collenna and Cefn Fforest); Evan Roberts (Corwen and Amlwch); Scott (Pentre); Scott (Ancrum); Thomas (Pantywaun and Bedlinog); Morgan Jones (Ystradfellte); Bowen (Loughor); Jenkins (Bridgend); Thomas Dowdeswell (b. Gloucester, 1829).

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline elainemrs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 01 November 11 17:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gareth Just spoke to my dad who would be happy to meet with you I will post his phone number once I work out how to do it. Elaine

Offline Garethboxing

• --
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Grampy Wyndham Jones (Wales v Ireland 1905)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 01 November 11 17:18 GMT (UK) »
Have a look under Help and Personal Messages.
   Thanks, Gareth
Scott, Dowdeswell (Merthyr Tydfil), Jones (Loughor and Merthyr Vale), Roberts (Nelson), Prichard (Collenna and Cefn Fforest); Evan Roberts (Corwen and Amlwch); Scott (Pentre); Scott (Ancrum); Thomas (Pantywaun and Bedlinog); Morgan Jones (Ystradfellte); Bowen (Loughor); Jenkins (Bridgend); Thomas Dowdeswell (b. Gloucester, 1829).

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline keeperofthehome5

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 25 March 20 03:20 GMT (UK) »
If you are still looking for information on Kid and Alice we have some. My Great Grandparents “ adopted” Kid (Cyril) when his parents were killed in a train accident. My Grandfather, before moving back to the states was a part of Kid’s management when he boxed. They remained friends and next door neighbors in Sparta, I’ll. I saw them often.  Let me know what information you are looking for. We have some documentation and some pictures. We even have a newspaper series my sister wrote, dictated to her by our grandfather recounting Kid’s boxing career. I will never forget Kid’s face, especially his ears.