Author Topic: SWEDEN.....Surname ALLAND!! came to Scotland 1900  (Read 8453 times)

Online jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: SWEDEN.....Surname ALLAND!! came to Scotland 1900
« Reply #27 on: Friday 15 June 18 10:58 BST (UK) »

Later in the document it says something like "kristendoms kunscap' and then says the letter c for the husband, a for Maria and b for Ernst. There is also 'Inom kyrkan'. Do you know what this means regarding religion?

I think this is a grading system for christianity knowledge and if it was in church or not.

Ian

Online jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 15 June 18 11:00 BST (UK) »

Lastly is this a household examination that is revisited over several years? It lists various dates, so I'm assuming they were coming back and gathering info? (E.g. it lists Maria's husband as dead in 1900, and lists both the mother and Ernst as 'relocated' in 1907).

This book relates to everything that occured between 1899 and 1907.

Ian

Offline San Alland

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 15 June 18 13:05 BST (UK) »
Thank you again!

There is something I don't understand about the first two links for Abel Persson (birth and house inspection). They seem to be for an Abel Andersjon, not Persson? I don't see the name Persson anywhere, just the first name Per, for "Per Andersjon". Does Abel become 'son of Per' because of Swedish naming systems? Also I don't see the date of birth, just the year of 1843. Do you see it there?

One other thing to bother you with :) On Thursday 2 Oct 2014, you posted a record of "Ernst Hugo K.S. Alland 8175 21/4 Christianstad" but I can't click on it or open the attachment. Do you still have access to that record? It seems that on the 1875 and 1877 listings Ernst Hugo's mother was unknown and he was handed to the pharmacist (?) or family 'Perfsons' -- but this other link you had posted years ago is the only one I've seen with the name Alland on it (until the 1904 house examination).

Last, last request for now: the link for the death of Maria Rosendahl didn't work for me (it went to a locked site). Any chance of reposting?

Thank you!!!

Online jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 15 June 18 13:12 BST (UK) »

There is something I don't understand about the first two links for Abel Persson (birth and house inspection). They seem to be for an Abel Andersjon, not Persson? I don't see the name Persson anywhere, just the first name Per, for "Per Andersjon". Does Abel become 'son of Per' because of Swedish naming systems? Also I don't see the date of birth, just the year of 1843. Do you see it there?

Just ask away, I'll try to answer any of your questions.

His name was Abel son of Per ..... Per's son .....Persson.
He was born 26 Nov and christened 28 Nov. Both records have his date of birth and the birth record also shows his christening date.

Ian

Online jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 15 June 18 13:25 BST (UK) »

One other thing to bother you with :) On Thursday 2 Oct 2014, you posted a record of "Ernst Hugo K.S. Alland 8175 21/4 Christianstad" but I can't click on it or open the attachment. Do you still have access to that record? It seems that on the 1875 and 1877 listings Ernst Hugo's mother was unknown and he was handed to the pharmacist (?) or family 'Perfsons' -- but this other link you had posted years ago is the only one I've seen with the name Alland on it (until the 1904 house examination).

Here is the record:
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01m7f/

Ian

Online jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 15 June 18 13:28 BST (UK) »

Last, last request for now: the link for the death of Maria Rosendahl didn't work for me (it went to a locked site). Any chance of reposting?

This record is included in a book that is governed by privacy laws. You will have to become a member to view it. It is free to do so.
https://sok.riksarkivet.se/

Ian

Online jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 15 June 18 13:36 BST (UK) »

"Per Andersjon".

By the way the "j" is actually an "s". What you are reading is a double "ss".

Ian

Offline San Alland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 15 June 18 16:10 BST (UK) »
Thank you! This is all so helpful.

The record you sent me for "Persson Ernst Hugo K.S. Allan" is slightly different than the one from before (but very useful!). I've attached a screenshot of what I can see here from the one you posted before in 2014, just in case you have it, too. It has "Alland" instead of "Alland".

Many thanks again,

San

Offline San Alland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 15 June 18 16:13 BST (UK) »
You can see it better here I hope (the picture got cut off)...oh, actually you can see the Alland on both I didn't realise you just had to scroll to the right to see it! Sorry for sending twice!