Author Topic: Sinnett Smith's from Sheffield in Egypt  (Read 5635 times)

Offline mildura

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sinnett Smith's from Sheffield in Egypt
« Reply #9 on: Friday 10 February 12 15:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tisted

Would be very interested to hear from you.

Kind regards
Mildura

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline tisted

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 16 February 12 19:48 GMT (UK) »
There was also a Captain William Richard Sinnett-Smith
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/catalogue/displaycataloguedetails.asp?CATLN=7&CATID=-1951643&j=1

William Richard Sinnett-Smith Commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenent Service No 178096 on the 29th January 1941, Captain William Richard Sinnett-Smith Service No 178096 died January 1946 (what was his age could he have been the son of William Sinnett-Smith born c1895

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline spikezone2004

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 30 March 12 10:33 BST (UK) »
hey all i know this is a old thread but i have been looking for information on the Sinnett Smith's and this is the first thing i have found, as i am a sinnett smith myself and would love to find out more information.

Offline mildura

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 30 March 12 11:05 BST (UK) »
Hi

I started the thread and from time to time info's and questions "roll in". What information are you looking for? And from what Sinnett-Smith family line do you descend.

My mother was a Sinnett-Smith and from what I know, there's not very many of us around ... The lines with questions are the following:

William Sinnett-Smith (approx. 1895-1946) m. B. Klinger
Arthur Sinnett-Smith (- 1959) m. two times, 1. wife (unknown Italian), daughter was Ethel born around 1920
2nd wife was Elizabeth Veneziano, married   /divorced 1950s (no children), third partner Martha (son born out of wedlock, last name is the mother's surname).

The S.-Smiths were a very secretive family, so it would be interesting if you could enlighten us on some points.

Mildura

PS It is now proven, that the family came from England via Naples. The Sheffield connection via a female line (Harriette S-Smith, ne Oakes is also proven)

Offline spikezone2004

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 30 March 12 19:45 BST (UK) »
Im just looking for some background information really and how Sinnett - Smith came to be, I see that you said Sinnett got added to Smith and stuff. My grandfather was Percy Sinnett - Smith who lived in Egypt quite some time ago with his wife who was french, they moved to England though after the rising tensions in Egypt.

I myself am William Sinnett - Smith, but not the one you are talking about. I was born in England but we moved to the United States, I am the last one within my family that we know of to carry on the last name as I only have sisters and my dads brother only has girls.

Offline micla

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 21 May 12 19:25 BST (UK) »
Hello, than your great-great-grandfather must have been James, who had a son, Percy, and two daughters Dolly and Daisy!
micla

Offline Cubie

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 20 June 15 18:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Mildura,
My user name is Cubie and l am replying to a post of yours asking for some assistance to find your Sinnett Smith cousin.
I grow up with your cousins James(Jimmy) and Patrick who are the sons of your Uncle Percy who had two sisters Dolly and Daisy. I remember your grandmother , who we referred to as Nini, your grandfather must have passed away before Jimmy was born.
I left England with my family in 1968 and went to Australia and since then l have lost contact with the Sinnett Smiths.
I have met one of those sisters with her two boys ( l thought one was Cyril but l was only 9 or 10 at the time.).it was at 133 Springrove rd Hounslow.
My parents knew Uncle Percy from Egypt and when he and his wife came to England the two couples lived in the same apartment buildings in London.
Percy's first born son was James, 1954 27 November and l was born to Harry and Elsa Davy 1954 25November .so friends from birth.
Your cousin Patrick born 1956 London.
I do know for a fact that both your cousins became scientists and quite well renouned. James Sinnett Smith is affiliated with the University of California is married with two daughters.
Patrick Sinnett Smith was with Manchester University and last l heard he was in New York City, 42nd St.
I can ask my brother Trevor( was Patrick's best friend ), for the full address if you need it.
I have more memories to share about these lovely cousins of yours and l hope you receive this message as l am new to this site and do not know how to navigate it yet.
Regards
Cubie.

Offline jolysium

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 22 May 19 15:36 BST (UK) »
Hello, I know this is an old thread but I'm hoping some of the people who've posted are still around and happy to communicate! I am a complete beginner with all this, but I believe that Percy Alfred Sinnett-Smith was my great-great-grandfather. I would love to find out more about him and his family. Please let me know if you are happy to chat!

Jo

Offline mildura

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 22 May 19 20:36 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am the one who started the thread. I ama great grand daughter of Percy Sinnett Smith. If he was your great great grand father, your mother or father is a cousin of mine. Can you give me a first name?