Author Topic: Family Tree Maker 2006  (Read 9961 times)

Offline Ewan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Family Tree Maker 2006
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 06 October 11 13:49 BST (UK) »
Thank you Alison for the link.

So it does seem unlikely that I will be able to install Family Tree Genealogy Suite 4 onto a 64 bit computer.

I will press on with FTM 2005 and patiently get my head around it.

Thanks for all the help.
Ewan

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ajf25

• RootsChat Veteran
  • David John Hawker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 07 October 11 11:15 BST (UK) »
That's okay Ewan,

I still haven't solved the problem I have with it.  I did contact them through that site and we did make progress, but work intervened and I haven't got back to it. 

I still can't view the books I've made.  It tells me "preview is already running".

Hopefully, I'll get there in the end.

Alison  :-\

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ajf25

• RootsChat Veteran
  • David John Hawker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 22 November 11 11:57 GMT (UK) »
I'm also having issues with FTM 2006 after upgrading to Windows 7.  My issue is with the production of books.  I did contact the makers of FTM and you have to download a free something or other (can't remember what it was called).  There was an error message something like "FTM executable has stopped working....."  I have to get back onto them because doing as they suggested got rid of the message, but I still can't produce books, or in fact even edit ones I've already done.  It now says "Preview is already running".

They responded within 24 hrs but I haven't had time to do the subsequent follow up.

Anyone else had the same issues?
Alison  ???

I did get there in the end with some wonderful help from the people at Ancestry support.  It took quite a few emails back and forth.  It turns out I was missing a FTM printer driver. 

I'm just so pleased the thousands of hours of work won't amount to nil, if I can't produce pdfs and subsequently books.

Alison  ;D