Author Topic: Linford family  (Read 7375 times)

Offline kindu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Linford family
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 24 July 18 04:39 BST (UK) »
I don't  have any info on Henry and very little about Christopher.  I do have a couple of personal items that belonged to Christopher and Isabel.  My mom shared a few stories when I  was growing up.
I did read on here that another family member had a photo of Christopher in his WW1 uniform & he gave some information on Christopher's death in 1928... I have four generation's of Linford's in a tree going back further than Christopher & Isebella & also a decent branch of Thornton's who's surname was originally Monaghan not Thornton...

Regards
Maria
Alcock, Appleton, Bailey (Bayley), Baker, Box,
Eaton, Featherstone, Holmes, Hull, Hunt, Ingleby, Kane,
Kowald, Kuhn, Mann, Neary, Richards,
Rodgers, Ross, Sharrock, Stewart, Street, Ward, Wragge

Offline kindu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 24 July 18 04:42 BST (UK) »
New members need at least two posts before using the Personal Messaging facility.  That's probably why your message is not getting through to Mrsdewey1997.
Thank you...

Offline kindu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 28 July 18 14:58 BST (UK) »
Sally the reason my grandfarther did not come to this country is pretty sad.When the first world war broke out he joined one of the KINGS OWN REGIMENTS.Imagine that with all of those children.He was sent to France and was in comunications laying commo wire anyways he was gassed.In those days to treat someone with this type of injury they were given Morphine. After the war he worked the docks of Liverpool the best he could.Why my Grandmother decided to come to this country is another issue. Anyways he could not pass the Physical that you had to take to come to this country. He latter commited suicide and died a very sad man. Of course my grandmother did not help matters much. She was Irish Catholic and grandpa was protestant. Prior to the war or shortly after my  uncle Christopher died after attending a St Patrick parade. He was thrown off of Henrys shoulders when a horse had its throat cut in front of them and there was quite a mess. Christopher was taken home and died sometime that night. Being Catholic at that time in England was not the easiest thing to be. I noticed you never mentioned Christopher. I have pictures of Grandpa in his uniform and must say he was handsom.I never heard of the Johnson family and would like to know how i am related to them. Grandpa is buried on top of his brother from what i was told.Would also like to know what regiment he served with.Being a veteran myself this means a lot to me.When I was a young boy we would visit my aunt terry and my mother  aunt terry and uncle John would sing all the old songs from that terrible war.    Sorry this is long but a have a lot to say. More to come Remember its the pen thats bad

Offline kindu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 28 July 18 15:02 BST (UK) »
Sally the reason my grandfarther did not come to this country is pretty sad.When the first world war broke out he joined one of the KINGS OWN REGIMENTS.Imagine that with all of those children.He was sent to France and was in comunications laying commo wire anyways he was gassed.In those days to treat someone with this type of injury they were given Morphine. After the war he worked the docks of Liverpool the best he could.Why my Grandmother decided to come to this country is another issue. Anyways he could not pass the Physical that you had to take to come to this country. He latter commited suicide and died a very sad man. Of course my grandmother did not help matters much. She was Irish Catholic and grandpa was protestant. Prior to the war or shortly after my  uncle Christopher died after attending a St Patrick parade. He was thrown off of Henrys shoulders when a horse had its throat cut in front of them and there was quite a mess. Christopher was taken home and died sometime that night. Being Catholic at that time in England was not the easiest thing to be. I noticed you never mentioned Christopher. I have pictures of Grandpa in his uniform and must say he was handsom.I never heard of the Johnson family and would like to know how i am related to them. Grandpa is buried on top of his brother from what i was told.Would also like to know what regiment he served with.Being a veteran myself this means a lot to me.When I was a young boy we would visit my aunt terry and my mother  aunt terry and uncle John would sing all the old songs from that terrible war.    Sorry this is long but a have a lot to say. More to come Remember its the pen thats bad
I hope this helps...       Name Christopher Linford
Regiment or Corps:   Royal Engineers, King's Own Royal Lancaster Regiment, Royal Engineers
Regimental Number:   256858, 3197, WR269329

Regards
Maria