Author Topic: Linford family  (Read 7337 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Linford family
« Reply #9 on: Friday 23 September 11 10:58 BST (UK) »
Looks like Henry Linford (brother of the girls) aged 17 years, travelled Liverpool to New York on the SS Carmania - 6th October 1921.
Single. Occupation: Spinner.  Father Mr Linford. * Livesey Street. Preston. Final destination to sister Miss Linford. 137 New Villages. Plainfield. Intended to staty permanently.

There is a death for Henry T (Thornton) Linford in Amounderness. Lancashire - Q1 1966 - 10b 88 which is possible your Henry.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 23 September 11 11:23 BST (UK) »
John R Livesey _ son of Teresa and John born 11 Feb 1927 died January 1985
Last Benefit - 33025  Hollywood, Broward, Florida,
SSN was issued in Massachusetts (Before 1951)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Sally4x

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 23 September 11 11:36 BST (UK) »
Thanks.  It isn't the Henry I was looking for, because that one was from a different branch of my family and was born in 1887.  He just disappears from any record after his birth.

This Henry is however a sibling to the sisters we have been talking about.  I did know about him, but wasn't sure if he was related to them or not and this proved that he was!  So it seems that the whole family moved to the USA except the father Christopher and settled there.  Henry Thornton (Thornton was the mother's maiden name) moved back to England and died there.

Sally

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 23 September 11 11:39 BST (UK) »
Husband of Teresa and John's first born daughter - Philip J Descoteau. Born 15 March 1922 Massachusetts and died 7 September 1990 North Adams.
Certificate:   043600

Will pm a link to a wedding photograph and a white pages link.

Sandra

Offline Sally4x

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 26 September 11 14:07 BST (UK) »
I PM'd you my e-mail address.  Please can you let me know you got it and send the article about the 50th wedding anniversary.  Also, if it's possible, please can you let me have a link for the Ruth Korab obituary if possible?

Thanks,

Sally

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 26 September 11 15:00 BST (UK) »
Here's Ruth's obituary http://www.rootschat.com/links/0f8f/

I'll get the other article to you shortly.

Offline MACV

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 04 March 12 21:01 GMT (UK) »
Sally i can help u with the Linford family you are looking for. I can help because that s my mothers family. What do you do with this information?Also i would like to get in touch with family members if at all poosible.Honora became a nun here in Connecticut USA. She died of cancer in Waterbury Ct. in the late 1940 s . I do have Photo s or have acces to them from other family members. My mom s branch of the family goes by the Reguin name there was 7  us. My oldest sister terry died 3 years ago. The others are (*). I have 2 sisters still alive (*).  I am registered under MACV on Rootschat.com Phone me at 8609857559 USA. I hope this helps. Dont blame the speeling on me its the pen thats bad.   

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline MACV

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 05 March 12 22:30 GMT (UK) »
Sally the reason my grandfarther did not come to this country is pretty sad.When the first world war broke out he joined one of the KINGS OWN REGIMENTS.Imagine that with all of those children.He was sent to France and was in comunications laying commo wire anyways he was gassed.In those days to treat someone with this type of injury they were given Morphine. After the war he worked the docks of Liverpool the best he could.Why my Grandmother decided to come to this country is another issue. Anyways he could not pass the Physical that you had to take to come to this country. He latter commited suicide and died a very sad man. Of course my grandmother did not help matters much. She was Irish Catholic and grandpa was protestant. Prior to the war or shortly after my  uncle Christopher died after attending a St Patrick parade. He was thrown off of Henrys shoulders when a horse had its throat cut in front of them and there was quite a mess. Christopher was taken home and died sometime that night. Being Catholic at that time in England was not the easiest thing to be. I noticed you never mentioned Christopher. I have pictures of Grandpa in his uniform and must say he was handsom.I never heard of the Johnson family and would like to know how i am related to them. Grandpa is buried on top of his brother from what i was told.Would also like to know what regiment he served with.Being a veteran myself this means a lot to me.When I was a young boy we would visit my aunt terry and my mother  aunt terry and uncle John would sing all the old songs from that terrible war.    Sorry this is long but a have a lot to say. More to come Remember its the pen thats bad

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 27 December 13 07:22 GMT (UK) »
Honora Linford became a num and died of cancer in the 1950's. She is buried in Plainfield CT. She was my aunt.
Peter Reguin

Hi Peter , welcome to Rootschat  :)

Think you are hitting the "Report to Moderator" button rather than the "REPLY" button lower down so I've posted your reply for you.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records