Author Topic: jean/jane Tripeny FINDLAY  (Read 4879 times)

Offline lnr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: jean/jane Tripeny FINDLAY
« Reply #9 on: Monday 21 November 11 01:36 GMT (UK) »
hi lemon nelly:Thomas FINDLAY married Jane TRIPPENY 7/1/1827 west calder midlothian scotland. lnr

Offline lnr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 21 November 11 01:44 GMT (UK) »
hi kiwig: Thanks so much for info.yes i think this is part of their family. looked up :Papers Past(N.Z)and found a lot on this Findlay family.there is an obituary for john findlay son of Andrew.  this is what you type in:  PapersPast-Otautau Standard and Wallace County Chronicle-10 June1919-Obituary.It had so much info abt him.I would be interested to know if there are still living Findlays in Nz.regards lnr

Offline KiwiG

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 21 November 11 07:10 GMT (UK) »
Certainly there are still Findlay descendants around.  Lots of them, including quite a few with the Findlay surname.

Offline Cauther Lassie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 04 December 11 10:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Thomas Findlay was interred in the Old Churchyard in West Calder 14/3/1866, Section Centre, Lair 33, Jane Findlay died 20/7/1893 19 Dee Street, West Calder (The Happy Land) and was interred in the Old Churchyard West Calder 22/7/1893, Section South Lair 33, she was 72.  No age was given for Thomas.   The lairs in the Old Churchyard were unusual in that they are marked as North, South & Centre and the lair number, though I have seen Top and a lair no.     There doesn't seem to be a headstone.    I would hazard a guess that Thomas purchased Lair No 33, and that his 1st wife Jane is probably interred in North 33.  Thomas parent's were William Findlay and Agnes Peutherer, William had been married 1st to Elizabeth Thomson and they had a son John born in 1793, Elizabeth must have died as William and Agnes had a daughter Jane born in 1798.

Hope this helps ................  cheers .....  Meg

Graham, Dundas, Tweedie, Somerville, Robb, Watson, Gillespie, Main, Stenhouse, Gilmour, Sneddon, McPheat, all Cauther Families.

Offline lnr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 05 December 11 05:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi thanks so much for that very much appreciated adds a bit more to the family, have a happy christmas lnr