Author Topic: Percival Hanley - born in Ivington around 1882  (Read 2250 times)

Offline Robert39

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Percival Hanley - born in Ivington around 1882
« on: Wednesday 05 October 11 19:54 BST (UK) »
On the 1891 census I have a Hanley family (William & Hannah plus 6 children) living in Whittington, Worcester. The second son Percival T Hanley (aged 8) is recorded as being born in Ivington but I am unable to find his birth registration.  Can anybody help?

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Percival Hanley - born in Ivington around 1882
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 October 11 21:20 BST (UK) »
He is aged 8 on the 1891 census which fits with this death reg Of Percival T Hanley in March 1963 Pershore Worcestershire aged 80 vol 9d page 274
But I can't find a birth reg using Percival/Percy/P/Handley/Hanley/T/ and all combinations for all counties. ???
he is not the Percival A Handley born 1883 Worcester who is with father John, a widow in 1891

Offline Robert39

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 October 11 11:23 BST (UK) »
If it helps his father William Edward Hanley was in the Army and had just returned from India - you will see on the 1891 census that the first born son Alfred E Hanley was born in Secunderabad, India and he was born 3 April 1880.  I am not sure when William left the Army and became a police constable but if Percival Thomas Hanley was born around 1883 it's possible that his father was still in the army and that Percy's birth registration is somewhere in the army's records.

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 06 October 11 21:55 BST (UK) »
The only birth record in the Armed Forces Births is for a Henry P Handley in Gibraltar 1884.
I searched all records, all countries using variations of names ie *n*ley with Percy/Percival. without first names, with Thomas etc etc etc. Still nothing. Bah! Sorry