Author Topic: St Davids, Brecon  (Read 12609 times)

Offline DAVID WALTERS

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
St Davids, Brecon
« on: Thursday 06 October 11 06:35 BST (UK) »
 :) Help please.

Does anyone know the names of the local parish churches in St Davids? Many of my family members lived and died in Llanfrynach, Brecon but were born in St Davids. Sadly not a place I have been or know much about.

P.S. Are the parish records on line, anyone know? :)

David
Wales.
Walters, James, Evans, Tebbutt, Bartle.

Offline garfydd

• I am sorry but my email address has been disabled
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: St Davids, Brecon
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 October 11 12:02 BST (UK) »
David Walters
St. David's is in the Llanfaes district of the Brecon, S. of the river. I surveyed, transcribed and indexed all the gravestones about 10 years-printed and published. I have an index(done by another) to all the chr. at Llanfaes from ca. 1812-1899.
Garfydd

Offline DAVID WALTERS

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 October 11 15:01 BST (UK) »
 :) Hi Garfydd

Do I understand that you have a list of those born, married and died in St Davids? Even this Walter Walters born around 1803 places his birth at St Davids. And I have found a number of the Walters saying they are born in St Davids or St Marys, Brecon and then spent many years at Llanfrynach, Brecon.

I have been to the village of Llanfrynach, and have found a number of their grave stones there. But so far in my history research I have never viewed a parish record (only on the likes of Ancestry and Find my past). I will have to visit one day, (but I live in Stoke-on-Trent at this time, so not able to pop in to look around).

Any Walters found maybe a help to build my family. Walter Walters is my great, great grandfather, so I am moving into the late 1700. Always thankful for help.  :)

David
Wales.
Walters, James, Evans, Tebbutt, Bartle.

Offline hileyca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 19:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Garfydd,

I am trying to find information on relatives I believe may be buried in St David's cemetery.  I would be interested in obtaining a copy of the index you created, if possible.  Please contact me to let me know if you would be willing to share, or if you would be willing to see if a few of my ancestors appear on it.

Cheers,
Cynthia

Offline garfydd

• I am sorry but my email address has been disabled
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 23 February 12 15:51 GMT (UK) »
all I have on St. David's Llanfaes is the chr. register 1815-1900 indexed and a complete survey with placename & personal index for St. David's graveyard which I surveyed 12 years ago. Send names, ideally more than one per family, I might be able to help.
Garfydd

Offline llangatwg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 01 March 12 19:48 GMT (UK) »
message for cynthia would bee interested in knowing the names of family you are researching in st davids llanfaes please as i have been researching my family buried there.  wonder if we may be researching same ancestors.

Offline hileyca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 03 March 12 19:31 GMT (UK) »
llangatwg:  I am researching 2 families... Price and Postons (or Poston / Postans)

Offline llangatwg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 03 March 12 19:32 GMT (UK) »
hiya my ancestors are lewis of llanfaes sorry cant  help

Offline bmalgd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 10 May 12 00:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Garfydd,

I found this post by chance today, and wonder if you can help me.  A number of my ancestors were married and baptized in St. Davids, and I suspect they were buried there as well.  The family name in question is MARTIN.  According to the census of 1841, there were 34 people in Breconshire that were named Martin, half of whom lived in the parish of St Davids.  These 17 people were all connected.  The earliest date I know is 12 May 1795 when a William and Elizabeth Martin had three sons (William, John and Henry) baptized.  Since William and Elizabeth are not in the census of 1841, it would seem clear that they had passed away before then, as well as their son William. The census clearly shows John and Henry, and a younger brother, Thomas however. I would gratefully accept any help you could give me.  You could also contact me at my email:  bmalgd at hotmail.com

I have learned that Elizabeth was still alive in 1841 and 1851.  In the census of 1851, she is listed as 99 years of age.  I believe that Elizabeth died in 1852.  I would appreciate any help possible locating death and burial information.
Ball - Somerset
Holmes - Derbyshire
Martin - Brecon & Ferndale