Author Topic: FOWLER from Ramsbury COMPLETED  (Read 15525 times)

Online Barbara F

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: FOWLER from Ramsbury COMPLETED
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 11 March 15 10:39 GMT (UK) »
It would be good to exchange information.

I have been checking to see what I now have on the Fowlers.

I have a copy of the marriage record for John and Mary Ann Rosier.  I also have a copy of Sarah's baptism record. I have the family on the 1841 census and a copy of the Indus passenger list.  I also have a copy of a photo of John and Mary Ann and a copy of a photo of their gravestone in Riwaka Cemetery.   Incidentally I have John's death as 24 April 1883 at the age of 91 and Mary Ann's on 20 July 1884 aged 82. 

I also have a brief memoir by Sarah Pratt nee Fowler about her early years in NZ as well as a copy of the book by her husband William about his experiences when he arrived.  I am sure that latter includes something about Sarah's brother John but I can check. I have Sarah's death certificate and will.

Other than that I have collected together various entries from family search and some transcripts relating to the Fowler family.  I need to verify these by either vsiting the Wiltshire Archives or buying fiche copies of the parish registers.  It seems I also ought to buy the death certificates for John and Mary Ann Fowler!

What I need to do is get this information in some sort of an order as I have obtained it from various sources over a period of time.  Your enquiry seems an opportune moment.

If you reply to this post you will be able to use the Personal Message system and we can exchange email addresses.

When are you coming over here?

Barbara
Joy, Larkin, Twort, Baker, Whibley - Brenchley and Horsmonden area Kent
Fewell and Speller - Essex and London
Headington and Bateman - London
Feltwell - Norfolk and London
Lewin - India and NZ
Evan-Thomas - Wales and London
Purser and Cook - Hunts

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Barbara F

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 15 March 15 11:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I hope you have received my replies to your PM them only I see you only have 2 posts on here and am not sure how that affects tor ability to receive PMs.

Barbara
Lewin - India and NZ
Purser and Cook - Hunts

Offline spritz24

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 14 May 15 09:40 BST (UK) »
Hi there,
I am a descendant of the Fowler family from Ramsbury... My name is Glen Molloy (my father is Alistair Fowler)... Edwin Fowler is my 3Great Grandfather... Sarah Pratt (Fowler) is my 3Great Aunt... the family emigrated to New Zealand in 1842. I am looking for any information I can get about the family :) I understand that there is a Journal the Sarah wrote, I am wondering if anyone has access to or has a copy of it as I would love to read it :) Also any photos of the family that I could have scans of would be greatly appreciated... thank you :)

Online Barbara F

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 14 May 15 14:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Spritz and welcome to Rootschat  :)   

It is good to find another Fowler researcher.  I have a fair amount of information on the family although I still need to get to the Wiltshire archives to look at the Parish Registers.

I do have notes on Sarah Fowler's early life in NZ - not sure whether they form part of a journal or are from  an interview she did later in life.  I will check.  I have a few photos although they are copies of copies so the quality isn't good.

What do you already know about the Fowler family?

Barbara

Lewin - India and NZ
Purser and Cook - Hunts

Offline spritz24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 15 May 15 07:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Barbara, I am so pleased to receive your response  ;D
So I am descended from Edwin Fowler... he is my 3 great grandfather... I currently have details that take this line back to William Fowler b 1680 d 1740... I have a couple (3 in total) bites of info from Sarah Pratt (Fowler) about their early life in New Zealand, but would love to know more!!!!!! Also any photos (even copies of copies that may be scanned) would be really appreciated.
About me: So, I am Glen Molloy (my father is Alistair Fowler- mother choose not put him on my birth cert :( and they separated when I was about a year old) I am 33 years old and live in Auckland New Zealand. I was put into foster care at the age of 5 by my mother, so did not get to grow up with my family, and so the research I am doing is allowing me to gain a sense of belonging to my family heritage :)
I cannot send personal messages on this site yet, so if you could message me with your email address I will forward you mine for more correspondence if that is ok by you.
Again, thank you so much for your response :)
Kind regards
Glen

Online Barbara F

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 15 May 15 18:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Glen

I will send you a PM. Do reply to this post though and then you should be able to send and receive PMs.

Barbara
Lewin - India and NZ
Purser and Cook - Hunts

Offline denisebain

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 05 April 16 23:39 BST (UK) »
I am also a descendant of Samuel Fowler grandson Edwin was my g grandfather, his son Trevor was my Granddad, all i know is the Granddad and  Grandma (Rose Brooks) lived in the 88 Valley area of Nelson and hen moved to Wakefield then to Spring Creek in Marlborough where he worked on the Railways.
I have some info about the family re Edwin's siblings and children thats about all any extra would be helpful.

Online Barbara F

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 06 April 16 10:45 BST (UK) »
Hello Denise

Good to hear from you.

I need to add details of Edwin's wife and children to my tree so any information you can give me would be great. Be careful not to put any details of living people on this main board.

What information would you like from me? I have mainly followed up the family of Sarah Ann Fowler who married William Pratt.

When you have made a few more posts you will be able to use the PM system to contact me.

Barbara
Lewin - India and NZ
Purser and Cook - Hunts

Offline denisebain

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 07 April 16 01:33 BST (UK) »
What I have is
William Fowler b 1873 Wakefield d 1957 m Hattie Sedgewick
s: Leonard Edwin, Frederick Louis, Gertrude Eleanor, Ralph Howard
p Edwin Fowler b 1846 d 1931 and Agnes Emily Knapp b 1849 d 1931

Edwin Fowler b 1824 d 1896 m Eliza Hagen
c Edwin Jr, Mary Ann, James, John, William, Samuel, Sarah, Lucy, Eliza, George, Frances, Elizabeth, Louis.
John Fowler 1796-1883 m Mary Ann de Rosier

Samuel Fowler 1763-1848 m Mary May
John Fowler 1725 1803 m Mary day
William Fowler 1680-1740
I have some of the siblings of Edwin Fowler  Snr but there appears to be a lot of double ups so am still checking.