Author Topic: Jmes Oliver m Jane Turnball 1811  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Echovalley

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jmes Oliver m Jane Turnball 1811
« on: Tuesday 11 October 11 08:33 BST (UK) »
James and Jane m in 1811 at Elsdon Northumberland.  James was b in 1784 at Hobkirk and his father was Alecander Oliver b 1761.  We have no wife for Alexander.  James and Jane went to Sir John Sinclairs estate in Caithness where he was head shepherd for 39 years.  Their children m into other ex border shepherd families and many of the next generation moved to New Zealand.
Scotland, ex Border; Brown, Helm, Oliver. Walker (Perth) Turner (Fife)
England, Tyler, Green (Sussex), Anderson, Pinegar, Tompkins, Hacking (Lan), Malpas (Kent)
Ireland, Casey (Askeaton)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jmes Oliver m Jane Turnball 1811
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 October 11 09:28 BST (UK) »
Hi

I'm not sure what you are really after - maybe James' mother's name - but these look like baptisms of his siblings in Hobkirk ~

3 Oct 1784 William (prabably his twin)
15 Oct 1786 Nelly

Do you have any more?

If Jane and James used the traditional naming system for their children, it might be possible to predict James' mother's name from looking at this. Do you have a list of their children in date order that could be used?

I see that you've made quite a number of posts in the last hour or so concerning lots of different families.

gnu
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Echovalley

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Oliver m Jane Turnball 1811
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 October 11 21:13 BST (UK) »
In later posts I have said that I  am looking for descendents as I am hoping that someone will be able to fill in details of the family..should have been more clear.  Apologies.
Scotland, ex Border; Brown, Helm, Oliver. Walker (Perth) Turner (Fife)
England, Tyler, Green (Sussex), Anderson, Pinegar, Tompkins, Hacking (Lan), Malpas (Kent)
Ireland, Casey (Askeaton)