Author Topic: William Vine b.1778 in Heathfield, and parents' marriage.  (Read 1522 times)

Offline silicondale

• RootsChat Veteran
  • ggg-grandad William Vine
    • View Profile
William Vine b.1778 in Heathfield, and parents' marriage.
« on: Saturday 07 May 05 10:17 BST (UK) »
I am looking for a birth/christening record for William Vine. Indications I have are that he was born in Heathfield in or about 1778, probably to father James Vine, mother Elizabeth (unmarried name not known). They had at least two other children, James christened 26/5/1776 and Martha christened 22/6/1783 - and maybe other brothers and sisters that I don't know about.  Also I don't have the marriage record for parents James and Elizabeth, presumably around 1770-75 but of course no guarantee that they were married in Heathfield, if Elizabeth came from some other village nearby.

Can anyone help, please ?
Henley (Brighton 1820+, Bedfordshire pre-1840),  Vine, Button, Bradford, Bodle (Sussex), Willey (Sheffield, London), Nattriss (London), Wood, Jones, Blaker, Shrimpton (London), Dalby (London 1800+, E.Yorkshire pre-1810), Hillmann, von Thun (London and Hannover)

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Vine b.1778 in Heathfield, and parents' marriage.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 May 05 11:28 BST (UK) »
On the SMI the only James Vine married at about that time to an Elizabeth is at Herstmonceux.   13th October 1774.  Her surname is also Vine.
Andrea

Offline silicondale

• RootsChat Veteran
  • ggg-grandad William Vine
    • View Profile
Re: William Vine b.1778 in Heathfield, and parents' marriage.
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 May 05 17:48 BST (UK) »
Hi, sillgen - and many thanks. I guess it's possible. Herstmonceux isn't that far from Heathfield, and it seems to be 'Vine country' (there's even a place called Vine's Cross in between the two), so perfectly feasible that Elizabeth's maiden name was Vine and yet they were still only quite distantly related.
Henley (Brighton 1820+, Bedfordshire pre-1840),  Vine, Button, Bradford, Bodle (Sussex), Willey (Sheffield, London), Nattriss (London), Wood, Jones, Blaker, Shrimpton (London), Dalby (London 1800+, E.Yorkshire pre-1810), Hillmann, von Thun (London and Hannover)