Author Topic: McPHAIL family  (Read 2666 times)

Offline TAMOWEN4

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McPHAIL family
« on: Tuesday 11 October 11 18:59 BST (UK) »
Hi

looking for any information please on a (*) born 1937/38 in Dunbartonshire Scotland. Emigrated to Queensland Australia with her father Robert McPhail and her mother Bethia Logan Owen McPhail in 1947/48

thanks in anticipation

Tommy Owen

Moderator Comment: Details of Living Persons (or any person who may be living) have been removed as per RootsChat Policy of not publishing details of living persons. Please See

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,368728.msg2632620.html#msg2632620

To share details of living persons please use our secure PM system. Thank You.

Owen/s, Miller, McMillan, Hamilton, Clarke, McCafferty, Rowe, Sinclair, Jamieson. Hanson/Hansen.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Re: McPHAIL family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 October 11 01:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Tommy,

Sorry I have removed the daughters details as per RootsChat Policy as I was a little concerned given her full name, year of birth and parents full names were listed.

Departing London 8 Jun 1948 aboard the MALOJA Ticketed to Brisbane

MCPHAIL Robert 38 a Machinist address in UK 13 Levin Street Renton
MCPHAIL Bethia 34 a housewife
MCPHAIL along with a 9 year old daughter

So far I have not located them in Brisbane. There is a red cross at the beginning of the entry so I wonder if you are certain they actually did emigrate.  :-\

Queensland Resources

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,369972.0.html

Cheers Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 October 11 01:24 BST (UK) »
According to The National Archives the family did arrive in Brisbane 7 July 1948

http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/using/search/index.aspx (search as a guest)

You can view the original image  ;)

Cheers Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline TAMOWEN4

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 12 October 11 05:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Kris.

As it turns out I saw those documents yesterday through an Owen relation in the USA.

I see the wife's maiden name was Chapman and not Owen as I thought, however, as my grandfather was an Owen and born in Renton as was Bethia (and she has Owen in her name), I wondered what the connection was.

thanks again

Tommy  :)
Owen/s, Miller, McMillan, Hamilton, Clarke, McCafferty, Rowe, Sinclair, Jamieson. Hanson/Hansen.