Author Topic: John Hood  (Read 2230 times)

Offline Torwoodlee

• I have turned off notifications to all my topics
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Hood
« on: Thursday 13 October 11 20:09 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am having troubles locating the birth and death certificates and 1881 census record of my great great grandfather John Hood.  Here is the information that I have uncovered:

1884 John Hood, Millworker, Ladhope married Mary Milliken on 21 November 1884, his mother is listed as Mary Hood, Millworker.  He was 27 years of age and lived at High Street Peebles.  No father had been listed.
John was widowed and remarried Barbara Sanderson (my great great grandmother) 21 April 1888 aged 31 in Galashiels, his mother listed again as Mary Hood, formerly Wool Factory Worker
In the 1891 census he was living in Ladhope aged 34, mill worker.
In the 1901 census he had moved to South Street in Dalkeith Midlothian, aged 42 and he was a Fruit Hawker.
For the 1911 census he was back in Galashiels again as a mill worker.  All census documents that I have seen list him as being born in Jedburgh Roxburghshire.
 I am assuming that he died in Galashiels or Ladhope.  Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thank you.

BordersLass :)
Names:  Laidlaw, Alexander, Park, Templeton, Hood, Sanderson, Fairbairn, Davidson, Delgatty, Greig
Areas:  Galashiels Selkirkshire, Ladhope Roxburghshire, Jedburgh Roxburghshire, Morebattle Roxburghshire, Tillicoultry Clackmannanshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Hood
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 October 11 23:04 BST (UK) »
For info and to avoid possible duplication, this request has also been posted in Roxburghshire

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,560568.0.html

gnu

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***