Author Topic: Kilglass  (Read 2358 times)

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Kilglass
« on: Tuesday 18 October 11 02:13 BST (UK) »
Hi
Hoping someone can help me out on this problem.

Going by a birth certificate on a child in 1860 Kilglass I find that the father Patrick Whyte/White was also born at Kilglass as I have never found Patrick's marriage to a Annie Quenen/Cunnane etc about 1856 I purchased Patrick's death Certificate and he would have been born about 1832 although he died in Sligo Medical Hospital he had made another visit to Kilglass  where he had a second child who was born 1877 and then he returns to Sligo itself.

Have been to a lot of sites on the internet but no luck in finding any Whyte names only one a George White at INISHCRONE

Can anyone put me out of my misey and find this Patrick Whyte and his Parents in Kilglass.
Really appreciate any help.

Colin

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Kilglass
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 October 11 11:11 BST (UK) »
Hello colin,

are these part of your family too?

Patrick White 1 Jan 1865 Riverstown District, Sligo. Parents Patrick White and Anne Quinan.
Catherine White 6 April 1868 - same details.
Francis 20 March 1872 - same details
Michael 14 December 1875, Sligo parents Patrick White and Anne White Queenan.
Just noticed there a few more with some baptisms at Taunagh, which I think is Riverstown.

Griffiths Valuation has William White, Tawnagh besides George White as you say in Inishcrone.

What was Patrick's occupation?

I hope this helps a bit. I have to go now but will come back later. :)

heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kilglass
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 October 11 04:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Heywood
Thank you for replying, yes you have got all that info correct, appreciate your time.

Patrick was a Harbour Constable and seeing that he was born at Kilglass which is right near the water than I am assuming that his father or possibly his siblings may have also have been in the same type of work.
Have a feeling that the Whyte's MAY have come from Scotland as there seems to be very few of them in the early periods but that is clutching at straws.
Until I find his Parents or even his siblings that is going to to hard to prove.
Patrick died 27/10/1912 Sligo Hospital aged 80

Will have to be patient to find anything on Kilglass.

Colin