Author Topic: James Beatty of Co. Fermanagh  (Read 24280 times)

Offline Kazzacross

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Beatty of Co. Fermanagh
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 10 October 18 17:08 BST (UK) »
Hi, sorry to jump in on this, only just became a member of here and not sure how to use it properly, I have a Mary Ann Beatty in my family tree, she is listed in the 1911 census in Liverpool, her birthplace is enniskillen, she married John Cross in 1865 in Isle of Man , would this be any relation to the James Beatty in this post. Thanks, Karen

Offline rittrock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 12:01 GMT (UK) »
Apologies for advancing/diverting the timeline...Does anyone know of James MALONE of Bellanaleck House (not far up the road from Enniskillen)? He was known to my tailor grandfather in Glengormley in the 1930s - possibly a friend, possibly a tailoring client - and I would like to clarify the link. The House lies amid the Moore Betty (Beatty etc.) properties but was there a 1930s sale/lease/rental? There is a candidate James Henry Malone (son of William and Elizabeth) in the area, born 1888, unmarried age 23 in the 1911 census.
best wishes

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 12:20 GMT (UK) »
The House lies amid the Moore Betty (Beatty etc.) properties but was there a 1930s sale/lease/rental?

Is that not Betty Moore?
http://www.montyhistnotes.com/genealogy/getperson.php?personID=I90&tree=MontyHistNotes_II
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline rittrock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 13:15 GMT (UK) »
Good day

First name Moore (perhaps taken from earlier Moore surname), surname Betty; married Angelina Montgomery; son Moore Montgomery Betty M.D. who died 1926 and married Gertrude Lemon (who is age 18 when visiting Angelina's household in 1901 census). "Gertrude" duly appears in the later valuation books...I don't know the Betty background but am hoping that James Malone pops up late 1920s or 1930s - he must have been at Bellanaleck House by 1939.

Moore senior's son Thomas Andrew Betty, present at death 1896, had a son Moore Betty in 1900.

Offline rittrock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 15:40 GMT (UK) »
This will have been spotted before, but I see that two of the Robinsons were witnesses for Moore and Angelina's marriage in 1856 - apparently "M" and "William". The surname is pretty clearly BETTY in Moore's signature at that time, though BEATTY will also appear on transcripts. I don't know whether his name MOORE arose from the family of the Marthas Moore. Anyway, I am sorry to divert the thread temporarily away from Betty and towards Malone..but still hoping that Malone turns up.

Offline rittrock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 16:33 GMT (UK) »
Moore Betty M.D. is the Registrar for the death records, where he is named e.g. in 1913 when his mother Angelina dies age 89 - with his Assistant signing the copy. A family affair.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.