Author Topic: Annie Brown b 1885 Hawick  (Read 1484 times)

Offline colincam

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Annie Brown b 1885 Hawick
« on: Sunday 23 October 11 21:31 BST (UK) »
I would like to make contact with any ancestors of Annie Brown who was born in Hawick in 1885. Her mother was an Agnes Brown. It is believed that Annie married a member of the clergy sometime after 1907. Can anyone help me?
Brown: Campbell: Castle: Catto: Ferguson: Forbes: Greig: Mackie: Rae: Reid: Riddel: Wallace: Wright

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Brown b 1885 Hawick
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 October 11 23:45 BST (UK) »
Have you checked Scotlands People for a marriage for her?  Her married name may ring more bells than her maiden name

Have you found her on the 1911 census as Brown as that would narrow a search for her marriage to 1911 onwards
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline colincam

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Brown b 1885 Hawick
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 October 11 21:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole
Thanks for your prompt reply
Yes, I have looked for her in the 1911 Census and in the Statutory Marriage records but have so far found nothing. Her name is so common that I have had to limit my search for her in both to Roxburghshire, even although there is a strong possibility that she may have left Hawick not long after her mother died in 1901. The problem is where?
Regards
Colin
Brown: Campbell: Castle: Catto: Ferguson: Forbes: Greig: Mackie: Rae: Reid: Riddel: Wallace: Wright