Author Topic: William PARROTT  (Read 7238 times)

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Parrott
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 05 November 11 07:09 GMT (UK) »
1930 Electoral Roll
Laurist WOLD, 68? Prince St Waratah, labourer.

1936 & 1937 Electoral Roll
Laurist WOLD, 11 Dulling St, Waratah, labourer.

Regards
Gerry

Corrected 1937, I had 1837.

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 05 November 11 07:10 GMT (UK) »
Here is a story about a William Parrott of Innisfail being involved in a bar brawl in 1929 (so I guess the other one was also from Innisfail...)

http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article40661917

regards,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 05 November 11 08:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

I can see four children to William and Harriet/Rosetta PARROTT registered at Newcastle NSW from 1883 to 1893. 

I can see that in 1897 a birth was registered in Newcastle for Rose M WOLD with mother's given names as Harriet R, father's name is not displayed.  # 5449

Do you think William may have left NSW in the 1890's?

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 05 November 11 08:55 GMT (UK) »
A William PARROTT appeared in the Cairns Court in 1933 for drunkeness, he was 49 years old.

This William PARROTT would have been born around 1884.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/41195649?searchTerm=

He maybe the same William PARROTT who got into stife in Innisfail a few years earlier in 1929.  Innisfail is only 85 KM from Cairns.

Gerry

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 05 November 11 08:58 GMT (UK) »

A Carlton PARROTT joined the 1st AIF in 1916, he was 23 and his NoK was his mother, Mrs R Parrott, 22 off Newcomen Street, Newcastle, New South Wales.

Gerry

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 05 November 11 09:09 GMT (UK) »
Re that chap Gerry found in 1933 aged 49 and the chap that Ros found in 1929 ...

Umm...  May I speculate that William was his middle name?   Could it be that William was registered as Albert W Parrott, possibly the eldest of the four ...  registered at Newcastle in 1883, son of Harriett R and William, #26866.

Good find Gerry for that AIF enlistment, similar address to the 1913 NSW ER for Rose Wold. 

Cheers,  JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 05 November 11 09:17 GMT (UK) »
A possible mc to obtain

Ivy M PARROTT and Harry PRINCE married 1908 registered at Newcastle # 11554.   
It should give her parents as per this birth registration of 1890 for Ivy M PARROTT registered Newcastle to William and Harriett R, # 4299

As she was not yet 21 when she married, she would have needed consent to marry.  The person giving the consent should be noted on the mc and also the names of both her parents, (and her father's occupation), including the current surname, any former surname and the nee name of her mother.   This info will be all detailed on an official transcript copy of the NSW BDM certificate, and those transcripts are cheaper and quicker than the 'real deal' certificates.  The offical agents are listed at this link:

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/howToTraceYouFamTree.htm 

Cheers,  JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 05 November 11 09:36 GMT (UK) »
I should have mentioned this earlier, sorry...

The Christ Church Cathedral in Newcastle has shared the images from the parish registers, from the earliest days of the C of E in the Hunter Region. 

If William Parrott's marriage was C of E, then it is likely there's the two page image of the original parish record freely available online.  Same with Ivy M Parrott's marriage.

Of course, the NSW Resources Board at RChat has the links, there's many images because there's many records, but you can see the details that the C of E clergymen were required to complete, including the consent where either the groom and/or the bride were not yet 21,  and the details are easy to read.  As the original records are naturally in chronological order, so too are the images.   Remember that there's TWO images for each marriage, and they are next to each other, it was a double page register, fitting several marriages down the left hand side and recording across the two pages.

Here's the link to the NSW RChat Resources Board  http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,369703.0.html and the Christ Church Cathedral's images are linked part way through reply #2.   I am so thankful to the kind RChatter who supplied that link.

Cheers,  JM

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 05 November 11 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Further to Carlton PARROT's WW1 papers his next of kin was originally Rose PARROTT  in 1916 then this was crossed out at some stage and the next of kin changed to Mrs Ivy PRINCE and the address corrected to 23 Newcomen St Newcastle.

Gerry