Author Topic: Sarah Jane Fryer  (Read 8114 times)

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Latest bud on my family tree
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Jane Fryer
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 06 November 11 17:49 GMT (UK) »
26/5/1851 Christ Church Bermondsey

Lawson Scarnell Fryer Locks Fields Walworth Labourer father Christmas Fryer Farmer
Maria Lawson Bermondsey father Charles Lawson Carpenter
Witnesses Robert & Harriett Nethercot

Jennifer
Stevens /Godfrey /Rudgley /Claridge/ Gipson /George /Bliss
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Latest bud on my family tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 06 November 11 17:55 GMT (UK) »
Will-

Christmas Fryer died 2/2/1874 late of city of Norwich Yeoman proved Norwich Ann Fryer St.Pauls widow and relic & John of St.Julian Norwich Blacksmith son under £20.

Jennifer
Stevens /Godfrey /Rudgley /Claridge/ Gipson /George /Bliss
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline abd107951

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 10 November 11 18:08 GMT (UK) »
Just got back thankyou everyone for the info, it will take a while to take all in   glen
hughes, billingham,griffin, yarnall,yardley, gill, westwood,  rowley, staffordshire
billingham, bate, worton, westwood, cradley worcestershire,
shepherd, shepperd, lower sapey
fryer,schofield, bermondsey, manchester
ellis, bateman,mid glamorgan

Offline Fryer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 30 December 12 09:11 GMT (UK) »
John Fryer Blacksmith of Norwich was the eldest son of Christmas Fryer born Hempnall Norfolk 25th December 1794 died Norwich 2nd February 1874 with a will leaving £20...or less...John Fryer was born in Great Yarmouth in 1819 and is on the Mormon Records...I am descended from the second surviving son Lawson Scarnell Fryer born Hempnall 1824 and died Bermondsey 1892...Lawson had a son William Lawson Fryer who was my Gt Granfather and who had a son John Fryer my maternal Grandfather...I have lot of information....Google my early memoirs "Essex Boy" by Barrie Stevens...Christmas Fryer farmed Turkey Row hempnall and his wife Lucy Fryer died 1834 was daughter of Lawson Scarnell of Hempnall whose will is on "Norfolk Sources" look there for Lucy Fryer also and papers signed by Christmas Fryer

Offline Fryer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 30 December 12 09:13 GMT (UK) »
I have posted some Fryer papers and photos on Roots Chat...

Offline Fryer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 30 December 12 09:27 GMT (UK) »
I was under the impression that John Fryer Born Gt Yarmouth 1819 son of Christmas and Lucy Fryer from Hempnall Norfolk was in 1891 a resident of The Great Hospital Norwich aged 71 and died there in 1897 aged 77...The Norfolk Record Office has some papers/mortgages/letters about him...REF: N/TC/D125/10 317 x 1 1878 to 1881....(From Town Clerk's Records)...Christmas Fryer was my 3x Gt Grandfather...My Grandfather is John Fryer born in Bermondsey whose father was William Lawson Fryer son of Lawson Scarnell Fryer 1824-1892 who lived and worked as an Ostler at 13, White Hart Yard Southwark and died 46 Nelson Street Bermondsey 1892...He was father of your Sarah Jane Fryer...Contact me...I have put some Fryer material on Roots Chat....See my early memoirs "Essex Boy" by Barrie Stevens (on line "Walthamstow Memories")...

Offline Fryer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 30 December 12 23:51 GMT (UK) »
Some details of John Fryer 1819-1897 son of Christmas Fryer who was father of Lawson Scarnell Fryer whose son William Lawson Fryer was father of your Sarah Jane Fryer

Offline Fryer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 07 March 13 21:04 GMT (UK) »
I have sent some Fryer documents and transcriptions to the Norfolk Family History Society, The Norfolk and Norwich Millennium Library and The Society of Genealogists. Some more Fryer and Scarnell papers will be sent this next week 11th March 2013...All have their roots in Hempnall and Norwich...Regards, Barrie Stevens 3xGreat Grandson of Christmas Fryer and 2xGreat Grandson of Lawson Scarnell Fryer..