Author Topic: Robert Hepworth  (Read 1904 times)

Offline Mercel

• RootsChat Senior
  • John Robert Forster 1892-1913
    • View Profile
Robert Hepworth
« on: Sunday 06 November 11 18:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi can anyone look up a birth for me and also a marriage. It is Emley, believed St Michaels. Person I am looking for is Robert Hepworth born in 1663 son of John Hepworth 1626. I am trying to confirm his birth/christening and who his mother is. IGI shows a mother of Mary and other children William and Francis. However other members of my family have said John re married an Elizabeth Lockwood. I can find no trace of her being his mother. Can anyone find this information for me please.

What i have got so far

Robert Hepworth born in 1663 married Anna Oxley born in 1664. Their children are Mary Francis, Martha, Mary, John, Robert Sarah, Anna and Hannah. I am a direct descendant of Robert. I believe Robert Hepworth 1663 was son of John, born 1626, John was the son of John born 1604 and John was the son of Henry 1575.
I need to confirm Roberts mother please.

Kind regards Mercel ???
Hepworth - Yorkshire and Durham, <br />Forster, Thompson, Heatherington- Durham, <br />Harkness and Devlin- Glasgow, <br />Bolton and Smiths Sunderland, <br />Galey, Norfolk and Sunderland. <br />Cory - Heacham Norfolk<br />Connelly - Ireland,<br />Carson - Ireland, <br />McKay, Glasgow and Ireland,<br /> Tait,Ireland<br />Turley, Sunderland and Ireland, Devlin Londonderry Ireland, Higgans, londonderry Ireland, Hamilton, Ireland

CENSUS & BMD INFO IS CROWN COPYRIGHT www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sandymc47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Fowlers of Yorkshire since 1685
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Hepworth
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 November 11 16:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

Found the following for you

Robert Hepworth bapt 18th January 1663 at Emley
parents are
John and Mary

Also I think I have found you another John as there is a big gap
on your list of Johns - could this be one who is missing between
1626 and 1663 ??
John Hepworth christened 14th May 1639 at Thornhill, St Michael.
Thornhill is 3.4 miles away from Emley???

regards Sandymc
Midgley, Fowler, Chadwick, Kilvington, Routledge, Hewitt, Stevenson, Ward, Waite, Binks , Buck, Pearson,  Stanley, Firth, Child, Hobson, Rogers, all Leeds and Yorkshire for centuaries except the Routledges from Wigton, Cumbria and Middlesbrough. Related to McAllisters of Wilsontown