Author Topic: Hocquard - Esther  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Lisa B

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hocquard - Esther
« on: Monday 07 November 11 01:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi. Would it be possible for someone do a lookup for me for the parent details for Esther Hocquard Baptised 1713 at Trinity, not sure of the Month or day. Esther married Amice Hubert on 5 June 1734.
Thanks so much ;)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Hocquard - Esther
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 November 11 11:50 GMT (UK) »
The only Esther Hocquard baptisms in the Trinity register are,

1) 20/7/1707 Ester, daughter of Renau, godparents Ch Bisson and Ester Gruchy his wife
2) 7/2/1719 Ester, daughter of Mathieu, godparents NicolasCabot and Ester Nicolle

Looking at some of the baptisms of Esther and Amice's children this one springs out,

21/2/1740 Esther, daughter of Amice Hubert and Esther Hocquard, godparents RENAULT Hocquard and Eliz Gruchy, his wife.

There are also 2 Amice Hubert baptisms
1) 5/3/1703 Amice, son of Amice, godparents Clem Hubert and Susanne Vaudin his wife - just checked burials, this one died 6/3/1703
2) 14/5/1709 Amyce, son of Amyce, godparents Amyce Maret and Eliz Hemmelin his wife

The marriage you have is correct.

Esther Hocquard, widow of Amice was buried 23/5/1774

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Lisa B

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Hocquard - Esther
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 November 11 18:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jerseylilly thank you so much for your reply. Renault and Elizabeth were the two I also thought could have been Esthers parents since they are the godparents of one of her children and were Hocquard's. I did also wounder if Renault may have been her brother? Were there any siblings for Esther that might help to confirm? I think Renault's mother may have been Esther le Masurier so this may be were the name Esther came from. Thank you so much Lisa