Author Topic: Robert Molyneux of Simonswood  (Read 11867 times)

Offline andi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Robert Molyneux of Simonswood
« on: Tuesday 08 November 11 22:50 GMT (UK) »
My 4 x Gt Grandfather Robert Sumner was born C1799 in Simonswood according to census returns. A bapt was registered in Jan of the same year at Parochial Chapel of Kirkby, mother was Esther Sumner, abode Simonswood.

This week I have found on archivecat a document which is an 'Order of filiation and maintenance of male bastard child of Robert Molyneaux, husbandsman and Esther Sumner, single woman' I haven't viewed the document yet.

Robert Molyneux appears to have married at least twice and may have had many legitimate children but can anyone help me know if this Robert is the same one i'm looking for? Is he in your tree and can you shed any light on this?

Andi

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Molyneux of Simonswood
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 November 11 05:44 GMT (UK) »
Kirkby Chapel.Walton,
burial
13th of January 1808
Robert Molyneux
aged 42,
abode,Walton Parish, Simonswood

Margaret Molyneux,wife of Robert
abode this  parish  Simonswood township,
13 th of Feb 1798,could this be Ellen Caldwell,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 09 November 11 06:05 GMT (UK) »
on the order you have it states Robert is a husbandman

Kirkby Chapel Walton,
9th of April 1782
Robert Molineux ,husbandman of this chapelry
Margery Harrison ,spinster of the same ,of this chapelry
witness,Mary Rawlins and James Adcock,

Kirkby Chapel,Walton
14th of March 1799,
Robert Molineux,widower husbandman,of Walton,
Ellen Beesley,spinster of Ormskirk,
witness,James Adcock and Henry Glover,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 09 November 11 06:51 GMT (UK) »
I will watch this thread with interest - my Mother in law was a Molyneux...gone back to the 1856 birth of John Molyneux in Much Woolton - can`t` find his parents though
anyway.....Your Robert Sumner
born on 12th January 1799
babtised on 27th January 1799 at Parochial Chapel of Kirkby,Walton ,Lancashire
son of Esther Sumner
abode Simonswood
registered 27th Jan 1799 by James Adcock - clerk to the chapel
babtised by R Cort - Minister

allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 09 November 11 06:58 GMT (UK) »
Radcliffe looks like James Adcock was a mate of Robert Molyneux ...he is a witness at both his marriages....and registers Robert Sumners babtism ......or do you think his name is there because he was the Clerk to the Chapel ?? and not actually a witness ....never seen that before....allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 09 November 11 07:02 GMT (UK) »
Good morning Allan,
this may be an interesting one with a lot of twists and turns,

for instance this child is the daughter of Robert and Ellen

Ellen baptism 1797 burial 1799

now Ellen and Robert were not married then, so are there two Robert and Ellens within the same church
or is someone not telling the truth

again in 1809 there is another Ellen born to Robert and Ellen ,
so I am hoping lots of people are going to come along and add there theories,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 09 November 11 07:08 GMT (UK) »
Spurious very polite word,

James Adcock on his marriage details is clerk of this chapel and Parish,

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 09 November 11 07:19 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Radcliff...that explains James Adcock....it`s funny isn`t it....because of this thread, I looked at my family tree...done a little research...AND FOUND ANOTHER child of John Molyneux and his wife Sarah....Mary Elizabeth Molyneux....so - one more name added to tree.......thanks Andi , ...for the little nudge ...haven`t done Molyneux research for about a year...now to find John Molyneuxs parents....have him in 1881 census - born Woolton 1856, but can`t find his babtism ......
allan ;)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 09 November 11 07:49 GMT (UK) »
in the Parochial  chapel of Kirkby Walton,

1791 to 1812 ,baptisms,

Robert and Ellen predominant,Simonswood,
Robert and Margaret,2 daughters abode Simonswood

his first marriage was  to Margery/Margaret ,
Ellen Molyneux,
St Swithen,Gilmoss,Liverpool,
father Robert,mother Margery
born 10 th of December,baptism 17th of December 1786,