Author Topic: Danuella's Scavenger Hunt... Everyone Welcome To Join In  (Read 7029 times)

Offline jaywit

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I will find them wherever they are hiding
    • View Profile
Re: Danuella's Scavenger Hunt... Everyone Welcome To Join In
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 November 11 11:04 GMT (UK) »
There's a Bilney here.

Suffolk
Place South Elmham All Saints
Church All Saints
RegisterNumber 
MarriageDate 13 Nov 1784
GroomForename Francis
GroomSurname BILNEY
GroomAge 
GroomParish 
GroomCondition Single
GroomOccupation 
GroomAbode 
BrideForename Margaret
BrideSurname ARNOLD

May be worth keeping a note of.
Cross Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Jennings Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Steel Byfield Northants,  Rogers Northants,  Wheeler Oxon,  Roberts Oxon,  Bonham Oxon/ Middleton Cheney Northants,  Maycock Northants,  Abbott Northants , Newman Northants, Buckingham Bucks, Hart Warks, Newth Gloucs.

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Danuella

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 November 11 11:19 GMT (UK) »
WOW all of these whilst i've been dealing with my kiddie winkles lol

toni,trip to the records office for those records then :)
Ruskie,yup thats what 've been doing,just treating it as the same name:) No i havent found any wlls whatsoever and have no clue why he was in the workhouse as the records were destroyed :( Sods law eh!!
I could find no menton of a bilney in Helmingham before William although there wa a Ann Whiting married there in 1704,poss a relation..But that was the last mention of her .
Jaywit,he was 82 years old when he died,yes there where quite a few Bilneys around but have found no connection as yet to any
Framesmith1816 now THATS something i've never thought of!!
Whiting,Josselyn,Hawes,Copping,Van de poel

Offline jaywit

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I will find them wherever they are hiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 15 November 11 11:23 GMT (UK) »
It looks like there were a few Whitings in Helmingham which possibly brings us back to William being either Bilney then his mother married a Whiting or Bilney mother being single and naming a Whiting as his father.

So I think the PRs of the surrounding villages need looking at.
Cross Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Jennings Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Steel Byfield Northants,  Rogers Northants,  Wheeler Oxon,  Roberts Oxon,  Bonham Oxon/ Middleton Cheney Northants,  Maycock Northants,  Abbott Northants , Newman Northants, Buckingham Bucks, Hart Warks, Newth Gloucs.

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Framesmiths1816

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Heathcote's Tiverton Mill 1836
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 15 November 11 11:48 GMT (UK) »
Framesmith1816 now THATS something i've never thought of!!

If this is an idea that has not been investigated then may I suggest investigating the death and burial of the mother, if and when she becomes known. It is not uncommon for spouses of first marriages to be interred together dispite there being a second marriage and many decades between the two deaths.

FS
Warner, Owen, Putt, Mynett, Wickwar, Norman, Wheeler, Gray, Cooke, Dewick, Holmes, Lawson, Granger, Queenan, Weston, Wesson, Brewin, Cartwright, Heathcote, Heathcoat, Felkin, Morley, Hallam, Wootton, Adkin, Shepshed, Loughborough, Leicester, Philadelphia, Ontario, Nottingham,

Offline Danuella

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 15 November 11 12:26 GMT (UK) »
I will definatly fo that,IF i ever find out where William comes from :( I wondered f trying to trace all his children would give a clue but there are some of them  just cant find so who knows eh  ???

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 15 November 11 12:48 GMT (UK) »
have i missed something ? if he was 70 on the 1841 census and 82 when he died that means he died circa 1853 whch means he should be on the 1851 census which means you should be able to get where he says he was born ?

you may not have to go to the records office you could email them and ask.
the land tax records for 1798 are at The National Archives so i think it would be worth emailing them and asking how much it would cost to send you a copy you are only looking at Helmingham
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline Danuella

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 15 November 11 12:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi toni,sorry for any confuson he ded 1849,i presume the workhouse listed his age incorrectly,or maybe they just didnt know!! Or maybe HE didnt know and his age at death is incorrect lol,gotta love it havent you :)

Offline Framesmiths1816

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Heathcote's Tiverton Mill 1836
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 15 November 11 12:53 GMT (UK) »
The NBI has the following

21st April 1849 William Bilney 82 Helmingham St Mary.

If this is him then it fits with the 1841, remembering that the 1841's are rounded down so 70 gives a range 70 to 74 so a calculated birth of between 1767 and 1771. 1767 as a birth year fits.

FS
Warner, Owen, Putt, Mynett, Wickwar, Norman, Wheeler, Gray, Cooke, Dewick, Holmes, Lawson, Granger, Queenan, Weston, Wesson, Brewin, Cartwright, Heathcote, Heathcoat, Felkin, Morley, Hallam, Wootton, Adkin, Shepshed, Loughborough, Leicester, Philadelphia, Ontario, Nottingham,

Offline Danuella

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 15 November 11 12:55 GMT (UK) »
FS
 Yup,thats my man :)