Author Topic: *COMPLETED REQUESTS*  (Read 5344 times)

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
*COMPLETED REQUESTS*
« on: Monday 09 May 05 13:16 BST (UK) »
Hi All.
        I am sure you have noticed that we now have a completed requests board for Somerset. This will allow us to keep all the Somerset posts together in one location and yet free up the requests board.

You will still be able to search and read the completed posts and still contact the poster should the need arise. Hopefully this will mean we will all be able to see unanswered posts a lot easier on the main board thus solve a lot more problems.

I am in the process of moving completed entries. It is a slow process to bring up each entry, decide if it has been completed and move it. It will take a while to get through and unfortunately the board will be a little messy while this is happening with a lot of redirection notices etc appearing.

Thank You.......I will try to make the process as painless as possible......Kris  :D
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Re: *COMPLETED REQUESTS*
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 May 05 00:52 BST (UK) »
Hi All

The majority of the obvious Completed requests have now been moved. Hope it wasn't to annoying for you all with all the redirection notices coming through. It should slow down soon.

There are still a lot of posts here that I really am unsure if they have been completed or not. It really would be a big help if you could check your posts. You may have since accessed the information you required. You may have realized since posting that the request in inaccurate (Wrong Person-Wrong Board etc) There are requests where though the initial request was answered subsequent questions were asked and may not have been addressed. You may have since had these answered. With posts being moved out of the general census board to the Counties duplicate posts are appearing.

For whatever reason if you now have the information, or for some reason the request is no longer relevent, could you please mark your requests accordingly.

If your request has been completed then please use the modify button to add the  word
   *COMPLETED*   to the titles of your final posting and your initial posting on your topic.

I will then move the request to a Completed Requests board.
This helps to avoid wasting the time of the members who do the look-ups,
and makes the unanswered and on-going requests easier to find.

The more we can keep the board current the better it will be for all. I have noticed that a lot of people are working on older requests now that the unanswered ones are becoming easier to find and often being told that the poster already has the information.

A quick look through the board to check that all your requests are still current would be a big help to myself and all our volunteers. Please help us to help you. Thank you for your assistance. It is very much appreciated..........Kris  :D
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk