Author Topic: Elizabeth Swain/Manitoba  (Read 22233 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Swain/Manitoba
« Reply #27 on: Friday 20 March 15 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Where did they get the birth death dates for aelizabeth Swain??  Didn't Elizabeth perhaps die in 1857? ( and if so she was born circa 1812 ) I'm wondering if this may have been a second marriage for Bakie and even for her. Is there actual proof that Swain was the surname for all births?
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline CdaSinclair

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 02 July 17 17:37 BST (UK) »
That is the first Picture of Bakie I have ever seen!  My dad would have liked to have seen it.  I am traveling to Orkney next June 2017 and somewhere I read on this site a reference to Francis which would be my Great great Aunt. And where she is buried.  I would like to visit there.  Can anyone help me with information on her and her children.  Thank you!

I have these 2 photos that have surfaced. The first with the young man standing is Joseph Sinclair with the man seated being Bakie Sinclair,his father. The second is of Joseph in his elderly years with his granddaughter Nancy McKay.

Offline CdaSinclair

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 05 July 17 13:48 BST (UK) »
Elizabeth and Bakie are my Great Great grandparents.  I have that family tree.  What I am looking for is information on Bakie's twin sister.  I know that research has been done and I would like to visit the burial site when I am in Orkney next June.  Any help would be appreciated.

Another pic, this is the geneolgy done by my fathers side (Sinclair) linking Elizabeth and Bakie to our lineage. I have other pics somewhere of the land scrips and census as well. I'll search  :)

Offline CdaSinclair

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 05 July 17 13:52 BST (UK) »
I don't think so!  My father did a fair amount of research on this before he passed away including the day to day activities in the HBC archives.  It appears it was only Elizabeth.

Where did they get the birth death dates for aelizabeth Swain??  Didn't Elizabeth perhaps die in 1857? ( and if so she was born circa 1812 ) I'm wondering if this may have been a second marriage for Bakie and even for her. Is there actual proof that Swain was the surname for all births?

Offline d.r.s.90

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 12 February 19 20:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello all,

My name is Douglas. I attend U of T Mississauga campus. I enrolled in a History and Writing course. I chose to right about my Métis family history. My line descends from Stanley Harold Sinclair, who was the son of George Sinclair, who was the son of James Sinclair, who was the son of Baikie Sinclair and Elizabeth Swain.

I would appreciate any further information anyone can offer. If anyone can share stories, information, pictures, documents, and or are willing to be interviewed, I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers!
Douglas

Moderator edit: Post edited at OP's request to remove personal information and the names of possibly living persons. Spades

Offline davidmillar

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 05 May 19 02:18 BST (UK) »
Bakie Sinclair was My great, great, great Grandfather and My Mother and I have been tracing our history for awhile. would be happy to hear from anyone related trying to figure out the family tree. My Mother Carole is Daughter of George and Pearl Sinclair. George came from Kenora Canada his father was also Named George son of James Sinclair who was the son of Bakie Sinclair

Offline spades

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 10 April 20 08:35 BST (UK) »
Hi d.r.s.90 and davidmillar, and welcome to RootsChat :)

Can I suggest that you each post twice more to this topic (a smiley in each post will be fine) to activate your Personal Message (PM) facility. Then you can exchange personal information and email addresses etc. in private.

Here's a link to the guide to Personal Messages.
https://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Congratulations on finding each other. 8) :)

Oh, and Douglas, I edited your initial post above as per your request. ;)

Spades

ELLERKER - Beverley ERY ENG
HEALEY - IRL?
MURDOCH - Wigtownshire SCT, Otago and Westland NZ
PALING - Nottinghamshire ENG
RILEY - Flamborough; Cottingham; South Dalton ERY, Manitoba CAN, & London ENG
STURTON - Arnold, Nottinghamshire ENG
SUTTRON - All, NRY & DUR ENG
TAYLOR - London ENG
TYLER - London ENG
TERNAN/TIERNAN - Dublin IRL