Author Topic: Sheen burials at Stoke Golding  (Read 2999 times)

Offline Derek C Goodwin

• RootsChat Member
  • The question is only easy if you know the answer!
    • View Profile
Re: Sheen burials at Stoke Golding
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 07 July 19 20:22 BST (UK) »
Well it was a long day, we went to Stoke-Golding, Daddlington, Atherton, Mancetter, Fenny Drayton to name but a few. We found nothing on the Sheens. We were welcomed into St Margarets by the locals and talked lots, but alas there was nothing to be gleaned from the church itself. However, the Vicar did say that there were unpublished records deposited at Long Street Records office in Wigston, Leicestershire.

I did take some pictures of the Church inside and out :-

Hope these work and are indeed of interest. I seem to be having trouble making them show.
Leicestershire: Inglesant. Ryder. Rider. Walford. Massey. Daykin/Daikin. Newbold/Newball. Hammonds.
Great Yarmouth: Gage/Gedge. Ives. Feasley. Peartree. Royall.
Northampton, Laxton Kings Cliffe. Hercock, Heircock. Harecock. Pointon. Baxter. Burfield.
And anyone else who knows me it would seem ;-)

Offline Derek C Goodwin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 07 July 19 20:25 BST (UK) »

I am struggling with the images ;-(
Leicestershire: Inglesant. Ryder. Rider. Walford. Massey. Daykin/Daikin. Newbold/Newball. Hammonds.
Northampton, Laxton Kings Cliffe. Hercock, Heircock. Harecock. Pointon. Baxter. Burfield.

Offline colin123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 07 July 19 21:20 BST (UK) »
Dear George,

Hope you had a good day, even if you couldn't find any Sheen's buried at SG !! I had hoped that perhaps William and Hannah might have had a headstone, as he did leave a will when he died in 1813, but as we all know, headstones did cost a lot and weren't available to most families. Thanks for letting me know of your searches, hopefully you'll have success with other families, I'll let you know if I find any other Sheen references or discoveries in the future.

Regards

Colin

Offline Derek C Goodwin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 07 July 19 22:47 BST (UK) »
I would be happy to show you my tree from the area, I have eleanors father, John, and a lot of the miles family, not sure how your line is? PM if you wish to exchange screen shots of trees for the period.

regards.