Author Topic: james dean  (Read 1961 times)

Offline alanfrank

• I am sorry but my email is not working at the moment.
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
james dean
« on: Thursday 17 November 11 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks to people who replied in my endeavor to track down the father  of James Dean.I don,t think i worded it as well as i should have done.  Iam trying to move ON FROM the previously mentioned gentleman, he was born around 1800 in Chapel-en -le -frith but he,s illegitimate, so i,m stuck. I do know his mothers name was Ann.  It looks as though he was either a printer or a painter.  Once again can anyone help ?

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: james dean
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 November 11 19:58 GMT (UK) »
the only James Dean b Chapel enleFrith I can find is living in Cheshire in 1841/51 with wife Margaret & children

1841 his occ is given as Silk ????(most of his children worked in Silk Mills in 1851)
1851 He is a "Master Plasterer"

Is this a different James to yours??

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 November 11 20:19 GMT (UK) »
Just noticed you are a new RootsChatter -so Hello and welcome from me

I noticed on your previous post you had a reply with the 1851 census - but some of the family have been omitted -so I will post full census here

Crompton St Macclesfield Cheshire
James Dean Head M 51 (or 57?) master plasterer Chapel en le Frith Derbys
Margaret wife 53 Rainow Cheshire
Frances son 21 Hand loom weaver Silk Rainow Cheshire
Matthew son 17 Silk Mill Piecer Rainow Cheshire
Margaret daughter 16 Silk Mill Piecer Rainow Cheshire
Elizabeth dauhgter 10 scholar Macclesfield Cheshire
William Leigh son in law M 26 Hand loom weaver silk Knutsford Cheshire
Sarah Ann Leigh daughter M 23 Silk Warper Rainow Cheshire
William Leigh grandson 2 Macclesfield Cheshire
HO107 2160 499 44

I noticed that you have replied here to people who have previously helped you . It is best to reply on your original post -as this topic may not be noticed by previous helpers- also it lets us know if we are on the right/wrong track -and if you are still searching /interested.

Also James Dean worked in the silk industry in 1841 .

When you say you are trying to "move on" from James Dean's father  -do you mean you want to research forwards?  Or further back???? maybe through mother Ann?

Suz

Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline alanfrank

• I am sorry but my email is not working at the moment.
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 18 November 11 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello Su.   Many many thanks for your help and advice.  I wasn,t too concerned about the "missing" family members as i too have the 1851 list.  As for "moving on", i,m clutching at straws, can anyone identify the father of James Dean, so that i can continue my line back.?    We are on the same wavelengh, the JD you refer to is the same as mine. On his son Francis,s marriage cert  his occ  is either painter or printer, it,s not too clear. Do you know what his wife Margaret,s surname was ?   Once again many thanks.