Author Topic: Annie Lucetta McFaul Ontario, b1822 - parents? Help?  (Read 3161 times)

Offline abstraction

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Annie Lucetta McFaul Ontario, b1822 - parents? Help?
« on: Saturday 19 November 11 07:42 GMT (UK) »
Annie Lucetta McFaul, was from Hallowell, married Marcus Elisha Row(e). 

Someone on mundia links her to Daniel McFaul & Hannah Cunningham (from there back to the Mayflower).

But... can't see the evidence that she was from THAT mcfaul family - Daniel had other relatives there.  Without evidence I'm stuck... and the person on mundia hasn't ever responded.

I don't have access to census or other records.  Can anyone help me understand next steps or sources?

Marriages Performed by- REV. JAMES ROGERS, PRESBYTERIAN MINISTER
Marcus C. Row and Anna McFaul, both of Hallowell, 19 July 1842. Witnessed by Daniel McFaul, Peter McFaul.

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Lucetta McFaul Ontario, b1822 - parents? Help?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 November 11 09:01 GMT (UK) »
At the Our Roots website they have a book entitled "Pioneer life on the Bay of Quinte, including genealogies of old families and biographical sketches of representative citizens" which has a write-up about the McFaul family. From reading the introduction to the book, it appears to be a 1972 re-print of a book that was originally published around 1905. Here's a link to the first page of the article about the McFauls (page 528 of the book):
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0h9y/

There is information about Daniel on pages 529 and 530 while starting on page 531 it lists his descendants.

I hope that helps.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline abstraction

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 November 11 09:26 GMT (UK) »
Helps?  You've completely blown me out of the water. It confirms the information, provides rich stories and fills in all sorts of gaps...  How did you do that?  I posted my question, jumped into a taxi, got to the airport and you had solved a mystery I've been sitting on for years!!! I mean years. You have no idea how much that has touched me that you jumped in and helped, and that you had just what I needed and more.  Thank you.

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 19 November 11 09:30 GMT (UK) »
I'm glad I could help.  :)

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline abstraction

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 19 November 11 09:45 GMT (UK) »
Dangerous - might be back to check out what you know about my other outstanding Canadian relatives...  (Of course, they would all be outstanding if they're canadian 8) )

Really, i know it sounds dumb, but that was quite an emotional moment for me when I opened your message. 

Offline Katrina Tricker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 19 August 19 23:29 BST (UK) »
Hi . I would like to read the link but it's not working.
I think this may be a Daniel mcfaul my great uncle was sent to to work on his farm.
Any help would be appreciated thank you
Markwell
Tricker
Coote
Ridley
Keats
Wolton

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 20 August 19 00:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Katrina,

Try this link, you can use the arrows at the bottom to the pages Jacquie has mentioned.
https://archive.org/details/pioneerlifeonbay00torouoft/page/n5

DB

Offline abstraction

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 20 August 19 00:44 BST (UK) »
Let me know if there's anything else you need - although it sounds as if you're not related but he just worked on that farm.