Author Topic: Young family Shirland  (Read 11113 times)

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Young family Shirland
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 November 11 17:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bill

This could be Thomas  & Mary Haslem's burial

Mary buried 31.1. 1770 aged 68 abode Clay Cross
Thomas buried 21.10.1867 aged 69 abode 69

Couldn't spot them in the 1861 census.

Carol
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline stevehaslam

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 16 August 12 13:51 BST (UK) »
Hi
On my family tree i have Martha Haslam married to Joseph Young. Martha is the sister of James Haslam the MP for chesterfield in the early 1900's. Martha is one of ten brothers and sisters. Martha's parents are Thomas Haslam born between Nov 1795 to Jan 1796 Higham. Died 21 Oct 1867. he married Mary Wholey (1802 to 1870). they where married on 19 April 1823 at St Mary and all Saints Chesterfield. The famous spire church in chesterfield. :D

Offline Dalesman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 30 August 12 21:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve
Sorry for delay in replying, all due to holiday and computer problems, thanks for the reply and information.
Which one of the Haslam family members are you connected to?
I live here in Doncaster and I remember a lady called Jess Haslam living near to us. She had a daughter whose name I have just  forgotten. I remember my Grandad saying she was related to us somewhere along the line.
I recently visited Saltergate, with a cousin of mine from California, because he was very interested in and wanted to see the statue of James Haslam.

Regards, Bill

Offline stevehaslam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 31 August 12 10:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve
Sorry for delay in replying, all due to holiday and computer problems, thanks for the reply and information.
Which one of the Haslam family members are you connected to?
I live here in Doncaster and I remember a lady called Jess Haslam living near to us. She had a daughter whose name I have just  forgotten. I remember my Grandad saying she was related to us somewhere along the line.
I recently visited Saltergate, with a cousin of mine from California, because he was very interested in and wanted to see the statue of James Haslam.

Regards, Bill

Offline stevehaslam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 31 August 12 11:26 BST (UK) »
Hello Bill

i am related to James Haslam (MP) in this way

James Haslam (MP)  :- one of his son's George 1873 to 1935 he had a son named Edward 1906 to 1957 (he is my grandad) Edward Haslam married Dorris Haslam ( Haslam was her maiden name when she married).  James Haslam (MP) is my great,great grandad.

As for Jess Haslam - i known of 2 Jessie's
Jess No.1 - Jess Meakins she married Charlie Haslam (Charlie 1905-1943) (Charlie is the brother of Edward 1906-1957).
Jess No.2- Jessie Haslam married Frank Turner (not researched this for dates but is in the 1900- 1950,s)

i have now traced this side of my family back further as follows:-

James Haslam (MP)
His parents are:- Thomas Haslam (Baptised 10 Jan 1796) married Mary Wholey 19 April 1823   

Offline stevehaslam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 31 August 12 11:47 BST (UK) »
Hello Bill

James Haslam (MP) family tree
Father- Thomas Haslam bapt 10 Jan 1796- died 21 Oct 1867  marreid Mary Wholey (1802-1870)on19 April 1823
Thomas Haslam Bapt 14 Oct 1770 Mackworth - married Anne Tomlinson (1771)on15 Oct 1792 St. Werburugh derby.
Thomas Haslam Bapt 5 July 1747 Alfreton - Married Abigail Cubley (1746) on 26 July 1763 Mackworth
William Haslam / Hazlam born 1722 Alfreton - married Mary Baker (1718 - 1781) on 22 June 1743 in Crich.
People claim that William's father is Benjamin Haslam born 1700 in Pentrich. Benjamin married Grace Brown (1704). I am looking for proof that William is the son of Benjamin and Grace. Do you know anything about this? or does anyone out there have any proof? What i know is that William would be 5 years old when Benjamin and Grace got married.

Hope this helps.

Offline Dalesman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 12 September 12 14:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve
Did you know there is a William Haslam b. 1833 buried in Ault Hucknall new churchyard.

Hope you can make sense out of the following list of Haslam names which my late father passed on to me. I’d appreciate any correction.

James               b.26/6/1871
Harriet b.          b. 1871
George              b.6/6/1873
Thomas             b.5/6/1875
Henry                b.21/2/1877
Joseph               b. 11/12/1878
Mary                 b. 31/7/1881
Emily                b. 2/7/1883
Fredk.Wm.        b. 19/3/1885, d.1890.
Frank                 b. 18/6/1886
Herbert              b. 4/4/1889
Alfred Wholey  b.1/6/1891, d.1910
Jessie                b.1883 - lived at Balby, Doncaster and had a daughter called Winifred    Goddard                                                   
Fredk. Rowland b.1885, killed 1914-18 war.

1851 Clay Lane, Clay Cross
                               Thomas Haslem  55yrs         Coal Miner                                      Higham
                               Mary      “   “      50yrs                                                                Pilsley
                               William  “   “     17yrs                                                               Shirland
                               Henry      “  “     15yrs                                                                  “   “
                               Sarah      “   “     13yrs                                                                  “   “
                               James      “   “      9yrs                                                                  “   “
                               Martha Young 24yrs              Daughter/Married                           Stretton
                               Martha    “   “    1yr                                                      Clay Lane   
                               Plus 2 Lodgers

Martha Young 1850-1935, Married George Roworth Dec.1869.
My Gt.Gt. Grandparents

I also found one of my Grandfather’s sisters, Annice Roworth, was married to a Ernest Haslam Housley, lived at Bramley Vale.  Was there a family connection with his middle name?

Hope any of this is of use to you.
Bill

Offline stevehaslam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 18 September 12 14:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Bill
Thanks for the info. was of use. Williams grave is not related to my tree. as for the rest of the info i have the following:-

James b. 26/6/1871 yes he was baptised 19 July 1871.
Harriet b. 1871 dont have her on my tree. do you have any mor info?
George,Thomas,Henry,Joseph,Mary,Emily all the same as what i have.
Fredk Wm. b.19/3/1885 d. 1890s. I dont have him on my tree. do you have any more info?
Frank, Herbert. ok
Alfred Wholey b. 1/6/1891 of died April-June 1910 Chesterfield.
Jessie I dont have on my tree. do you have any more info?
Fred Rowland Haslam i have him born March 1896 you have him as 1885. he died 1 July 1916 in Flanders france. if you look at this web site www.carlscam/com/marple/martin.htm you will find photos and info of a war memorial posted by some nice person (many thanks to that person). its at St Martins Church, Low Marlpe.

Offline stevehaslam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 18 September 12 14:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Bill

For some reason this part did not get posted. Ernest Haslam Housley. i have the following on my Grandmothers side. George Haslam Howsley (a little different spelling in the same name). George b. 2 Aug 1845 d. 8 Dec 1919 in Liverpool. His wife was Grace Haslam B.1822 d. 1889. they where married 6 May 1844 in Ashover. i think they are related due to the double barrel surname. if you have any more info i can see if they are related.

hope this is of some use

kind regards

Steve