Author Topic: Griffith/Smy(i)th / Dublin / Riddle Row  (Read 27687 times)

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: GRIFFITH Marriage and Birth
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 30 January 11 18:37 GMT (UK) »
Hmmmm, Pastmagic, another lot to consider now and thank you very much for the info on them.  I'm absolutely sure it must be them as that is definitely the date of death of Esther Griffith but it does say aged 60 she died, i'm sure this must be wrong though as we  know, death certs aren't the most reliable source of info!!  She was 42 on 1901 and 47 on 1911!!! and we know that william died between 1901 and 1911.  She was RC so won't find it unfortunately.  but i do think that william although it states he was RC on cns, other things lead to me believe he was Cof I.
I will take a look at the site you've attched.
Thank you once again
Catherine
Places:  Dublin, Stamullen, Julianstown, Meath, Shelvins in Monaghan, Donnybrook, Holywell Wales, Greenfield Wales, Baguilt Wales, Chester, Over in Cheshire, Tarporley in Cheshire, Bolton, Manchester UK, Clitheroe, Yorkshire West Riding, Bradford Yorks, Shipley Yorks

Surnames:  Griffith, Smy(i)th, McCormack, Stynes, McCabe, Howley, Raistrick, Laycock, Harding, Livesey, Unsworth, Hardin/en, Davies, Roberts, Johnson, Fielding

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 30 January 11 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for trying for me anyway Shane, I think that just may have been him at nbr 12 and he wasn't married at this stage either.

Many thanks
Catherine
Places:  Dublin, Stamullen, Julianstown, Meath, Shelvins in Monaghan, Donnybrook, Holywell Wales, Greenfield Wales, Baguilt Wales, Chester, Over in Cheshire, Tarporley in Cheshire, Bolton, Manchester UK, Clitheroe, Yorkshire West Riding, Bradford Yorks, Shipley Yorks

Surnames:  Griffith, Smy(i)th, McCormack, Stynes, McCabe, Howley, Raistrick, Laycock, Harding, Livesey, Unsworth, Hardin/en, Davies, Roberts, Johnson, Fielding

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 30 January 11 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pastmagic

Having trouble with that site you gave me it just keeps coming up with same message on all ways i've tried to get into it:

The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.
Please contact the website administrator.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes. 

Error Occurred While Processing Request 
Error Executing Database Query. 
Data truncation: Data too long for column 'browser' at row 1 

Resources:
Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debug Output Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.
Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser   Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SIMBAR={4CBD8769-A692-4786-8539-93C3A497A2DA}; GTB6.6; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3)
Remote Address   xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Referrer   http://www.google.ie/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=hts&oq=&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADBF_enIE276IE278&q=info@glasnevintrust.ie
Date/Time   30-Jan-11 06:44 PM

Moderator Note :
I've removed the IP address from the error message... might be a security risk

Offline Pastmagic

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Levington House, Mullingar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 30 January 11 18:57 GMT (UK) »
http://www.glasnevintrust.ie/index.cfm?sin_sea_required=f1,f2,yddeath&fuseaction=xml.genealogyresults&fname=William&lname=griffith&yddeath=1904

Try this instead, Cath. The other link is working fine for me??????!!!!PM   

http://www.glasnevintrust.ie/ I use google chrome as my browzer, but firefox is ok too.

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 30 January 11 19:25 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again Pastmagic, that site is great and working!!  and think you are right!!

catherine

Offline Pastmagic

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 30 January 11 20:21 GMT (UK) »

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 30 January 11 22:39 GMT (UK) »
well thank you all so much for al the help, i found out they lived on or near the south circular road when esther died so entered that and lo and behold, it was her!!

thanks once again
catherine

Offline Pastmagic

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 30 January 11 22:48 GMT (UK) »
Are they both in the same grave? PM

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 30 January 11 23:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi PM

Yes, they most certainly are along with 6 other members of family, 4 of whom we can see who they are, 2 of them unidentified as yet, different names, so some more digging now

Record Number 7
Record number:   V31769
Surname:   MACMAHON
Firstname:   JOHANNA
Last address:   4 TRANQUIL TERRACE
CHARLOTTE STREET
DUBLIN
-
Buried   Glasnevin
Grave:   Letter: KI
Figures: 336.5
Section: ST. BRIDGET'S
Date of death   19 May 1878
Ceremony type   Burial
Age   10M
Gender   -

Record Number 8
Record number:   V52703
Surname:   MACMAHON
Firstname:   KATE
Last address:   EDEN GARDEN
33 HANOVER STREET
EAST DUBLIN
-
wow what a find!! and thank you once again
cath