Author Topic: HARRY Family in Cornwall  (Read 10711 times)

Offline AussieCanuck

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HARRY Family in Cornwall
« on: Tuesday 22 November 11 06:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone, I was here many years ago, and I am sure some of you will know my cousin Lazarus?
Well I have got back into the research business again, and am looking for anyone researching the Harry Family in Cornwall. I have heaps of documentation, but am always looking for more. So if you are researching the Harry Family, lets contact each other, maybe I have some information you are looking for andmaybe you have something for me. If you are reading this Lazarus, you know who I am cousin?

Offline jackhonour

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: HARRY Family in Cornwall
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 December 11 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I am a researcher researching the family in Gunwalloe and the surrounding area. I have personal messaged you my email address so we can get in touch. Can you personal message me yours?

Thanks,

Jack

Offline jackhonour

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 December 11 17:12 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, can't message you - you need to make at least 3 posts for that to be possible. Can you make 2 other posts about other parts of your family and then could you personal message me your email address?

Jack

Offline KateW

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Gt gt Granny Susannah and Edward James 1864
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 January 12 22:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I wonder if you might be able to help me.  I am looking for information about my 3 x gt grandmother Margaret Harry. 
The first details I have are for her marriage in Barnstaple in 1805 so I estimated that she was probably born around 1780 -85.  Most of the results for Margaret Harry come up with results in Cornwall so I wonder if she was from over the border.  I am not sure how to progress as I would need some idea of parish to check birth records.  Any ideas?

Thanks

KateW

Offline basa364

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 17 July 12 12:58 BST (UK) »
HI,
    My  gg grandfather was William Richard Harry born 1827 in St. Stephens, Saltash, Cornwall. His parents were John Harry born 1780ish in St. Ives and Mary Tucker born 1790ish from Saltash. Married in 1808 St.Stephens, Saltash.
   They had 5 children, William 1827, Richard 1821, Mary Ann 1818, John 1812 and  Mary Anne 1816 who died .
        If our trees cross pleases contact me, Kevan.

Offline Penberthy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 10 March 14 09:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, I am looking for info on parents of John and Leah Roberts nee Harry married on 30/4/1721 in Paul Church, Paul, Cornwall.  John died 1775 as I found his Probate details.  Who were Leah Harry's parents?
Thanks

Offline radrian8888

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 11 March 14 01:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I  already have a post of Rootschat regarding the Harry Family, but I am looking for more information on John Barnes Harry and his wife Mercy/Mary Burrell Ivey. They went to Victoria Australia in the 1850s to the Fiery Creek Gold fields, their daughter Jane Barnes Harry was born there in 1855.  The information I am looking for is to do with Cornwall and their families.  Also the Mercy/Mary name not sure what it is suppose to be, on the  Cornwall marriage records the name is Mary, but on Jane Barnes birth certificate it looks like Mercy!
Thanks
Regards
radrian8888

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 11 March 14 08:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi radrian8888,

Richard HARRY, Bachelor of this Parish Married Jane WILLIAMS, Spinster of this Parish, 10 Oct 1830, Ives, St, Cornwall
Witnesses, John BARNS and John WILLIAMS
(Cornwall OPC)

They Christened at St Ives;
JAMES, 3 June 1831
JOHN BARNES, 1 March 1833
JANE, 25 May 1834
RICHARD, 27 May 1838
RICHARD, 5 Aug 1840
CAROLINE, 17 May 1847
All have Fathers Occp as Mariner, except the second Richard;
Fathers Occp Commander of the Brig Nautica?
(Cornwall OPC)
FreeREG has the Brig Nautilus

1841 Census
Richard HARRY, 35, Mariner
Jane, 35
James, 10
JOHN, 8
Jane, 7
Richard, 1
Elizth BODDY, 22, Domestic Servant
All born in County

1851 Richard is away, Jane Snr/Jane Jnr, Richard Jnr and new Daug Caroline born 1847 are at Home.

The John Barns Witness at the 1831 Wedding may be who John Barnes Harry was named after. ;)

Richard is likely to be Christened     16 September 1804, St. Ives, Cornwall to JAMES/CAROLINE
(Familysearch.Org)
They Baptised 9 Children between 1796-1810 (Cornwall OPC)
They name 1 Son Thomas Bennetts Harry

James HARRY, Occp Cooper, married Caroline CONGDON, 26 Dec 1795, St. Ia the Virgin, St Ives, Cornwall
(FreeREG)

Burial of a JAMES Harry age 40, St Ives, 21 Oct 1817 (Birth c 1777) (Cornwall OPC)

Caroline CONGDON was Baptised 31 Dec 1769, Lelant to WILLIAM/MARY
(FreeREG)
Mary was nee RAWLING and they married 17 Sept 1760, St Uny, Lelant
William Occp was Husbandman (Free Tenant or small Landholder)

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Seoras

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • GG gf Robert. Born Ireland 1865. Died USA 1941.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 11 March 14 09:04 GMT (UK) »
There have been several ships named Nautilus. But if it was Royal Navy, the one in 1840 was a 10 gun Cherokee-class brig sloop. Launched in 1830 and scrapped in 1878.

If you Google 'HMS Beagle', the ship Darwin sailed on, that was exactly the same, so you can see what it would have looked like. Or click this link, loads of pics.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=hms+beagle+pics&id=E4EA1322695803E1A9B4EEBA8362748EA7ACF029&FORM=IQFRBA
SCOTLAND: Wardlaw Steen/Stein Tweedie McBride McEwan Pate/Peat Brown Somerville Bishop Farier/Ferrier Wood  Torrance Gibb Ross Dunlop Downs Richardson Ramsey Story Snaddon/Sneddon Auld Allan McLean McInnes Mason Law Lawson Kerr Cockburn Christie Ballingall Wardrope Weir Wallace Scott.
IRELAND: Welsh Clifford Lee Allingham Keane Dale Robinson Greer McVey Bingham Skelton Carson Broomfield Clark McEwan/McKeown McCreary McLaughlan.
YORKSHIRE: Cudworth Smith Cope Coulton Hainsworth