Author Topic: 64th Medium Regt RA  (Read 19296 times)

Offline DavidGreenall110

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 64th Medium Regt RA
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 04 July 13 22:43 BST (UK) »
Phil,

Many thanks for looking

Dave
Death, Sambles, Searle, Loates, Beamish, Brooks, Bates, Coates, Hughes, Lythgoe, Johnson, Rodgers, Hawthorne, Rhodes, Lister, Sneyd

Offline purrpuss

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 25 March 14 15:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi David, a very tardy reply to your post I'm sorry to say.  Hope you are still wanting to be contacted.  My dad was in the 64th Medium Regiment RA and was a POW in Stalag VIIIA after being captured in Salonika.  I have quite a few photos from when the regiment was in Egypt and N Africa plus some from Stalag VIIIA if you are interested in having copies of these.  I also have several menus from regimental reunion dinners during the 1960s if you'd like copies of those.

Gwen Nelson.

Offline DavidGreenall110

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 25 March 14 18:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gwen,

Thanks for your reply, I'll drop you a PM with my e-mail address and we can communicate by e-mail.

David
Death, Sambles, Searle, Loates, Beamish, Brooks, Bates, Coates, Hughes, Lythgoe, Johnson, Rodgers, Hawthorne, Rhodes, Lister, Sneyd

Offline Kiwimrsmac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 25 April 14 00:30 BST (UK) »
Hi, my grandfather was also in 212 Battery, 64th medium Regiment, RA. And saw service in Africa and in Cassino. He fought alongside the Maori Battalion, which is why he immigrated to NZ after the war. I would love some more information on his Unit, as he very very rarely spoke about his service. We know he contracted Malaria in Egypt, and had several (?) stays in hospital. He was a sniper.

Offline DavidGreenall110

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 25 April 14 09:32 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.

My Grandfater was also in 212 Battery from 1942 to 1946.

I've managed to piece together some information from his service record and from some old menu cards sent to me by Gwen giving dates places and a few memories.

If you want to send me a Personal Message (PM) I'll send some information through that?

Regards

David

Offline Kiwimrsmac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 29 April 14 07:33 BST (UK) »
I can't send a personal message until I've made three posts. So I'll get posting! Then message you. Thank you :)

Offline AndreaPaterson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 13 October 14 18:33 BST (UK) »
My father was a radio operator in the 64th Medium Regiment 212 Battery. He will be celebrating his 94th birthday at the end of the month. He has only relatively recently started to discuss his war years. I have some photos, some with names some without and a very brief outline of his personal campaign.

Offline DavidGreenall110

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 13 October 14 21:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your post good to hear from you, I have some information on the Battery but not much. I'm on holiday at the moment but I'll drop you a personal message when I get back with what I have.

Does your Father remember a driver called Charlie De'ath?

David

Offline AndreaPaterson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 13 October 14 21:58 BST (UK) »
I can certainly ask him. Looking at the list of names along the bottom of the post none look familiar from my notes. My dad is called Francis Smith.  I have Vic Cohen, Len Crawt, Ron Baughan. I'll have to see if he can name anyone else.