Author Topic: Barbara Moir or Barron  (Read 1545 times)

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Barbara Moir or Barron
« on: Thursday 24 November 11 12:22 GMT (UK) »
Looking for help tracing Barbara Moir born 1845 Old Machar Aberdeen her mother was Elizabeth Barron and she was single with 3 children all different names .I have the other 2 in the family but have hit a brick wall with Barbara in the 1861 census she is listed as Barbara Barron ( rag  picker ) in 1951 census she is Barbara Moir ??

Offline LisaK271

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Barbara Moir or Barron
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 December 11 23:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have an Elizabeth (Milne Richie) Barron who had a daughter, Mary, who took the Moir name from her father by the time she married. She lived with her father and stepmother. But my years are ahead of yours :o( Thought I'd mention it though as the Barron/Moir name change baffled me for a while and maybe the names may mean something to you.

Lisa

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Barbara Moir or Barron
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 December 11 13:27 GMT (UK) »
Sorry I misread your comment on the 1861 entry for Barbara. I'll look again!
Regards,
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.